Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenJr
    • Jan 2002

Any free Demo??

I am wrestling with my decision between vBulletin and UBB. vBulletin do seem reasonable (I need 4 forums!!).

I ran a demo version on UBB and I like it. Installation is a little complicated, though.

I would like to run demo version of vBulletin if any is available?? That would help me determine the best of both forums based on how it is installed, how the category is edit, how easy it is to run the board, and so forth on. For example, I notice one thing I would not permit on my forums: You let user "attach" files and I was wondering if I could "alter" it because I don't want anyone to attach it...

If there is demo board, that would help. Thank in advance for answering my question.

-Ken
  • Arsenik
    • Nov 2001

You can dl a light version of vb here http://www.vbulletin.com/download/

I dont remember what the light version offers but in the full vb you can turn Attachements On/Off very fast. You can also enable attachements/download of attachements depending of the user group. (you can disable posting/downloading of attachements for guest and enable them for the registered users for example)

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

An open demo of how the Admin Control Panel looks like can be found here:
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Installation

Installing vBB is really easy.

You purchage the software (then you can download it)

You unpack and upload to your server

You alter the config file to set your MySQL database info

You run the admin/install.php script

You.. oh, already done

You can buy a bulk license if you wish to have more then 4 three boards. This gets you a little discount too! (sponsor me one!) (j/k)

For vBB you can download a lite version which lets you test if the forum would run on your system. And on-line (at vbulletin.com) you can test the admin section. To see how things go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...