Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • extras
    • Dec 2001

vBulletin price

hmm, what is the actually price for everything as cheapest as it can be jsut so that its legal for vBulletin. Thanks
  • nuno
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

$85 US leased license
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

...which allows you to run vBulletin for one year. At the end of the year you must either renew ($85), upgrade to an owned license ($160) or stop using vBulletn.

Comment

• extras
        • Dec 2001

Really, U mean I cant use it forever?

Comment

• extras
          • Dec 2001

i would really buy it if it was written inasp, since i suck in php! but anyways, sorry I cant buy it!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by extras
            Really, U mean I cant use it forever?
            If you purchase the lease, it's only for one year. After that you have to stop using the forum or else purchase it. This is similar to leasing a car.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Valkyre
              • Jun 2001

Really stevie? I had no idea

That's why I got myself an owned license, saves the trouble of paying $85 a year and only costs $30 to continue to get updates
              Need a job done? Get in contact with me and we'll see what we can work out.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Yep, got two owned licenses myself. I plan on using them a looooong time!
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

What they tried to say was:

The cheapest is to lease the vBB for a year, then its $85

But the prob with that, its just for a year.

In the end, the cheapest is just to buy the owned license. Which is $160

Even though it is in PHP (w00t) and not ASP, the source is solid and the templates are REALLY flexible. You can do little changes to the template and with the one year free support you will find out quick enough how to add a little html/php tag at some template to get things just the way you want.

They make the source that way, so every 12 year old with 5 minutes of patience can use and alter.

The set-up is way easy, with just uploading, setting a llogin/pass combination in a config.php file and then run the install.php script. No PHP knowledge required.

Anyway, I kind of got the idea that you thought you had to buy the lease first, then to upgrade to owned license. Which isn't the case. You can buy the owned license of $160 immediatly and with that, you can run the forum on your site forever.

The support is free, for the first year. And if you then still need support, you can renew it for $30 (per year).

Support not only includes some forum help and template help, but also gives you free upgrades and updates even complete new version numbers (from v2 to v3) without having to pay the full new software again. (aint that the killer best license: pay attention now microsoft)

Anyhoots,

hope its a bit more clear now, and hope to see a vbb site soon :P

Comment

• tubedogg
                    • Feb 2001

Actually I'd like to make a clarification there. Support and access to upgrades are two different things. An owned license entitles you to support for as long as you use vBulletin, but it gives you one year of upgrades. You can renew the upgrades access for $30 but that does not affect your ability to receive support.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
                      Actually I'd like to make a clarification there. Support and access to upgrades are two different things. An owned license entitles you to support for as long as you use vBulletin, but it gives you one year of upgrades. You can renew the upgrades access for $30 but that does not affect your ability to receive support.

EVEN BETTER !!

But you are right there ofcourse,

and this again proofs one thing: Always drink coffee before you try to be serious.

Comment

• JamesUS
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tubedogg
                        But, if there is a bug that has been fixed in a newer version that you are having problems with, and your access has expired so you can't download the new version, then we will probably ask you to renew your access so that you can download the new version and fix your problem.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

obviously

Some things are just logical .. natrual.

Mr. Bill Gates, my win 3.11 has a bug, oh.. yeah sure, postal me the .NET version for our network please..

Comment

• extras
                            • Dec 2001

boy ya are millionnares! I mean why does it cost so much money? Its not like the only one board in the world! there is PHPbb, xmbforum, yapbb, etc. I mean u like always have to pay money!

Comment

• extras
                              • Dec 2001

Btw is there any contest like win free vb license?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...