Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cxna9099
    • Jan 2002

How does vBulletin....

I have 1 computer. There are 2 of US that want to use the same message board. We want to have separate usernames. After registering with 1 username, we tried to register another. A message came up saying: "Our records show that you have already registered at this board under the name of XXXXX" What is a way to avoid this? Are there any fixes?
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Go to the bottom of the main page and click Logout. You can then register again. Each time you want to switch, click Logout and then the other person can login.

Comment

• cxna9099
      • Jan 2002

there is no "LOG OUT" option, somehow vBullitin knows what computer I use and wont let me register another username

Comment

• Craig Armstrong
        • Feb 2001

Go to your Conrol Panel -> vBulletin Options -> User and registration options -> Allow multiple registrations per user.

Select 'Yes'.

Comment

• cxna9099
          • Jan 2002

is a vBULLETIN icon supposed to appear in my control panel? (control.exe)?? cuz i dont see it

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

no no no no

Craig, he means as an end-user.

cxna9099, he thought you meant as an administrator, and there is a way the admin can allow multiple registrations per person. But since you aren't the admin, you'll need to follow the directions I posted above.

If the logout option is not available then the admin of the board you are using has removed it and you need to ask them about it. On the default vBulletin it is at the bottom-right of the main page.

Comment

• nuno
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.8.x

cookies
              You're my Prince of Peace
              And I will live my life for You

Comment

• cxna9099
                • Jan 2002

its not cookies, i tried that many times

is there a reg key or something i need to be aware of?

Comment

• WizyWyg
                  • Jul 2001

cxna9099 :

No reg key. Its something that the admin of that board did that can't let you log out

Posted below is a pic of where the Log Out link is usually on a default layout. If you want to find it on the board you visit, then do a CTRL + F and Log Out. If it doesn't appear on his Forum Home display (the first page where you see all the forums) then the admin deleted it, and yOU have to contact them to say "what the hey"

If he chooses to keep it the way it is now, there is nothing you can do.
                  There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• nuno
                    • Apr 2001
                    • 3.8.x

try this:
                    You're my Prince of Peace
                    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• cxna9099
                      • Jan 2002

no matter what I do i keep getting this message

vBulletin Message
                      Our records show that you have already registered at this board under the name of XXXXX. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here.

Comment

• WizyWyg
                        • Jul 2001

See my post above
                        There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Move: Community Forums?

I dont really see what this has to do with pre-sales? ..

If you are registered, a cookies gets created.
                          If you logout, the cookie gets removed.
                          At that moment, you can register again, unless the admin has set your account with 'YOUR' -host address attached to it, so you can't re-register under another name.
                          If none of the above is the case, and you dont even accept cookies or whatever, you just have to contact the admin of your board for the problem, I am sure he wants to manually add another user, so you can login and the friend can login. A little trick you can apply is the use of two different browsers. Say, internet explorer and netscape or opera. They both use different dirs for cookies. So you are at least sure about that. The forum rules are set by the forum administrator, per web site. So you should contact them. At the bottom of the forum you try to login twice, there is a link: contact us. Use that for contacting the admin of that board.

Just popped in my mind, make sure you dont register with the same E-mail address
                          Last edited by Floris; Tue 8 Jan '02, 12:04am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...