Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theguru
    • Dec 2001

E-Mail address question

I am currently using another Bulletin Board but I am still thinking about upgrading to vBulletin and I have another question.

On the software I am using if someone changes their email address the software emails them a new password to make sure the new email address is a valid email address (otherwise, once you had an account you could change your email address to a fake email address and then break all of the rules without punishment because your email address really doesn't exsist). My question is what does vBulletin do when you change your email address? I changed mine just to see what would happen and the software gave me this message:

Thank you for updating your profile, theguru. Because you changed your email address, you will be sent an email to verify its existence.
    I just got my email from vBulletin and this is what it said:

Dear theguru, Since you have recently changed your email, we require that you verify your new email address. You will only need to click on the link once, and your account will be updated.
    I assume once I do that everything will work like normal. However, can I still post messages on the board from the time I change my email address to the time I click on the link in the email that is sent to me to verify the new email address?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Depending on how you have your Board setup, users who change their email address go into the 'Users Awaiting Confirmation' usergroup. You can then simply modify the permissions of this group to whatever you want, including prohibiting the ability to post.

The nice thing about vBulletin is that much of this is in the control of the Admin to setup however he or she pleases.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• theguru
      • Dec 2001

Thanks smachol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...