Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impakt
    • Jan 2002

Question regarding liscences

Ok, this might have been posted somewhere before, I tried looking through threads for it but didn't see it.

Ok, say I bought a used License for 85 dollars, as stated. After my year, my site is doing good, and I was to buy an owned License, would I have to buy the whole License for 160, or can I just pay the difference of 75 dollars?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm pretty sure you'd have to buy the whole license. There may be a grace period where you can upgrade to a full license but it's certainly not a full year. Send an email to [email protected] for the official answer.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• impakt
      • Jan 2002

thanks sma. also with a lease license, after a year, the board shouldn't be uploaded to any site cuz it's illegal right, becuase your license is expired? I'm deciding if it would be better to go with a leased license, incase the board doesn't go to well, or if it would just be better to buy the owners license.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes that's right. With a leased license you need to stop running the board when the license expires.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• impakt
          • Jan 2002

alright cool, thanx for the help, i'll probably end up buying the owners license, i figure if one board doesn't work out, i'll probably put another one up after that and time goes by.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

There is a 30 day grace period after purchase of a leased license to upgrade to an owned license for $85.

Comment

• DBZFanCentral
              • Nov 2001

Within the first 30 days of purchasing a leased license, you can upgrade the leased license to an owned license for $85 - a 45% discount on the standard price of $160 if you upgrade in a year's time! Click the upgrade link next to the license for more details.
              straight from the members section

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...