X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LUDACRIS.
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

Starting my own website.

Can anybody give me advice on how to start my own website including the cost and process.

Thank you.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

First thing I'd do is decide on what you want your site's focus to be and look around to see if you're going to be up against some well established sites before taking the plunge. You may find the site topic is already well covered in which case you could find it difficult to get members to come to you.

Once you have decided to go ahead, we have 2 license choices (please note that these prices and policies are subject to change).

Suite License ($285 USD):
    The suite includes vBulletin Forums, Content Management System and Blogs. Upgrades and support are provided for the life of the version. Suite customers get access to forum and ticket support for the life of the version as well.

Forum License ($195 USD):
    The forum license includes vBulletin Forums. Purchasers of this license receive upgrades for the life of the version. You will also receive 30 days of ticket support and forum support for the life of the version.

You can order the software here:

You will also need webhosting and a domain name. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 5.2) and MySQL (minimum 4.1.0) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

You can purchase the domain name at the same time you contract hosting. Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

Discuss PHP and MySQL hosting here. Find out which hosts people like, and which to stay well clear of.

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Micronichos
      • Jun 2010

The cost will include bug fixing, very time consuming indeed.
      I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

• EGS
        • Jun 2006
        • 3.6.x

Well, a site can be free other than domain cost & hosting..
        There are plenty of free CMS and forum systems until you need vB.
        > Follow this link for the CHEAPEST Domain Name Registration - Domain Transfers Are Even Cheaper! :)
        WoW Accounts, FFXI Accounts, Aion Accounts, FFXIV Accounts, MMORPG Market

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...