Can I get this Feature (Compare it to Quiq.com's Compaq Support Implementation)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RageCage
    • Jan 2002

Can I get this Feature (Compare it to Quiq.com's Compaq Support Implementation)

Hello,
    Within the next few weeks my company will embark upon a "community" forum as an additional offering for Technical Support. We know the value that loyalists can bring to the table by almost providing an extension of your support force. During our investigations of some pretty big $ offerings, I am realizing that the emperor really has no clothes when compared to the power of VBulletin. One key feature I have found however is the ability for users to rate other users answers to questions. This rating cumlatively can increase a users "rank" from Novice to Expert to Guru. Once such company that offers this feature is Quiq (www.quiq.com). They have a Compaq implementation that pretty much hits the mark (IMHO). That Compaq site can be found here:

The question I have is can VBulletin have a rating system such as this where users can see # of posts as well as overall feedback rating (by posts) for a user? The increase in "Rank" would automatically happen. This is key as I can drive contests and reward programs for frequent contributors. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by RageCage; Thu 3 Jan '02, 11:41am.
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Currently there is no system in place like this. Right now, ranks (we call them 'user titles') are determined solely by post count. In addition, users can rate threads as a whole, but not rate individual posts.

In v3 (due out late q1 2002) there will be a ranks system that is similar to this - based solely on post count. There has also been discussion of some kind of karma system (which seems to be closer to what you want) but this is in no way concrete and we are not even sure if it will make it into vBulletin.

All of that said, there is a Karma hack available from a user called Overgrow at http://www.vBulletin.org/ . It does cost money but from what I've seen it is worth it and is easily 'plugged-in' to the vBulletin system.

Comment

• RageCage
      • Jan 2002

Excellent! I will investigate. Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

No prob.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...