Does vBulletin integrate well with Drupal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plymouth2004
    • Nov 2010

Does vBulletin integrate well with Drupal?

Does vBulletin integrate well with Drupal? If so, will vBulletin support Drupal v7 when it is released in the next few weeks (anticipated)?
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

vBulletin does not support Drupal out of the box. If my memory is correct there is a bridge that can link them together you should be able to find it on vbulletin.org.

Comment

• ronsnow
      • Jan 2011
      • 3.7.x

A Drupal v6 version?

Originally posted by plymouth2004
      Does vBulletin integrate well with Drupal? If so, will vBulletin support Drupal v7 when it is released in the next few weeks (anticipated)?
      I only know of a Drupal v5 branch (w/vBulletin 3.7.x). Did you know of a Drupal v6 version? I would like to upgrade to Drupal 6.20 and the newest vBulletin, as Drupal v7 is a bit too new for us.

Please respond if you (or anyone) has info on Drupal v6 versions.

Alternatively, a way to go 100% from the hybrid Drupal5/VB to either Drupal6 or vBulletin4.x
      Last edited by ronsnow; Thu 10 Mar '11, 1:53pm. Reason: typos, added sentence

Comment

• rag_gupta
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by we_are_borg
        vBulletin does not support Drupal out of the box. If my memory is correct there is a bridge that can link them together you should be able to find it on vbulletin.org.
        Are you sure?
        I see that there is indeed a Drupal vb bridge which is stable release: http://drupal.org/project/drupalvb

I myself want to buy any forum software which has a bridge with Drupal. Is there any?

Comment

• Tom Belle
          • Sep 2010

Looking at the page you have just linked I found: http://www.vbdrupal.org/

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by rag_gupta
            Are you sure?
            I see that there is indeed a Drupal vb bridge which is stable release: http://drupal.org/project/drupalvb

I myself want to buy any forum software which has a bridge with Drupal. Is there any?
            That by definition, is not out of the box. That is a third party script.

Comment

• Shamil.
              • Feb 2008
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Tom Belle
              Is that project even active?
              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
              vBulletin Hosting and Services
              Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• rag_gupta
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tom Belle
                This is a fork of Drupal project, which is risky to go for and upgrading later may be a hassle. Moreover it was last updated in March 2010.
                Why doesn't vbulletin.com fund any such bridge? Isn't it making lion's share of all forum software sales in the world?

Comment

• rag_gupta
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Zachery
                  That by definition, is not out of the box. That is a third party script.
                  What is stopping vBulletin to fund such type of bridge development?
                  I'm ready to pay even $400 for any forum software which has a Drupal bridge. Since it isn't there, I had better go with PHPBB.

I don't want Joomla, even though it seems to have a working PHPBB bridge.

Yesterday I've done enough search. I think I should go with PHPBB+Drupal. Later if a compatible bridge is developed for vB, then I can buy a license of vB.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

We don't intergrate third party software, that is whats stopping us.

Nothing is stop you, and or others to get together with people to build a bridge.

Comment

• maxman1180
                      • Sep 2011

Is this DRUPAL your talking about is a software for computers or cellphones?

Comment

• BBR-APBT
                        • Nov 2005

We don't intergrate third party software, that is whats stopping us.

Really what is Skimlinks, Vertical Response, Facebook, android, iphone. Say it right you do not include third party software that customers want. I bet if you could sell the bridge and enough people were going to pay you would do it.
                        My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
                        If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
                        In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...