X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resalez
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

vBulletin reseller - ticked off users

I've been reselling vBulletin for about 3 years now.

Here's what I do:

I download vBulletin Latest, then I make copies and sell them to teen gamers for about $15 to $40 depending on what they can afford.

I've never had a problem until tonight and one of them wanted to change some styles or CSS on his site. I don't know anything about your software, just know how to sell it cheap.

Can you point me to a good place to have them ask questions? Also, can I charge them for support if they ask here or do they have to ask through me first? I like to be the middleman if you know what I mean

Thanks,

vB Re-salez, LLC
  • melbo
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

vB has a $5 a month support option for you and/or your customers.
    Just enter your details here

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You're not allowed to resell vBulletin. Infact, no one is allowed to resell vBulletin unless we explicitly give permission, and at this time the only other distrubtor is vBulletin Germany.

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Resalez
        I download vBulletin Latest, then I make copies and sell them to teen gamers for about $15 to $40 depending on what they can afford.
        Nice bait.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

Can you point me to a good place to have them ask questions?
          No, copyrighting a work is your right, as long as you are the creator.You can, however, go to jail for copyright infringement, although most punishment is meted out in fines.

Comment

• cosca
            • Oct 2010
            • 4.0.x

Don't feed the trolls.. this guy can't possibly be serious.

Comment

• we_are_borg
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by cosca
              Don't feed the trolls.. this guy can't possibly be serious.
              Believe when we say some people are very stupid, we get them all the time here that do not have a valid license but still keep trying.

Comment

• bforum
                • Dec 2007
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by melbo
                vB has a $5 a month support option for you and/or your customers.
                Just enter your details here
                wanna bet he filled out the form. ROFL

Comment

• Resalez
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 4.0.x

Why call my customers pirates? They are not stealing the vB, they pay me for it ahead of time. Sometime I throw in some vBSEO if they paid high enough price. It's a real win win for everyone if you know what I mean. I just want to know how to answer their questions while making some more money at the same time. Where is the reseller support forum?

Comment

• Boofo
                    • Apr 2002
                    • 4.1.x

Sounds like we have a spy amongst us.
                    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• we_are_borg
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Why call my customers pirates? They are not stealing the vB, they pay me for it ahead of time. Sometime I throw in some vBSEO if they paid high enough price. It's a real win win for everyone if you know what I mean. I just want to know how to answer their questions while making some more money at the same time. Where is the reseller support forum?
                      Just contact [email protected] give them you name and address and website they will get back to you.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

I've been reselling vBulletin for about 3 years now.

Here's what I do:

I've never had a problem until tonight and one of them wanted to change some styles or CSS on his site. I don't know anything about your software, just know how to sell it cheap.

Can you point me to a good place to have them ask questions? Also, can I charge them for support if they ask here or do they have to ask through me first? I like to be the middleman if you know what I mean

Thanks,

vB Re-salez, LLC
                        Hi... I would love to buy more vB licenses but they are too expensive. I would be very interested in your website where I can buy vB for cheap. Do you think I can get 6 licenses for $100? Do you take Western Union?

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

They are not stealing the vB, they pay me for it ahead of time.
                          If you do accept Mastercard than I would like to pay now $15-40 for vB5.
                          With a good discount($10 for each?) I would order two dozens.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• melbo
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 3.8.x

I have to apologize although I'm laughing at his creativity.
                            My son hopped on my laptop and logged me out of vB.com and then registered this fictitious account.

Zachery, please delete or disable the 'resalez' account, it's not mine.

ROFL

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...