Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JorgeX
    • Oct 2005

vBulletin 4.1

Hi, i know that vbulletin is going 4.1 with several template changes.

I want to upgrade the forums to 4x but i have to buy a new template for this, and i dont wanna get it old for 4.1, and also i want to make customizations to the skin and don't wanna do it 2 times.

So im planning to buy the 2 together.

May i know an estimative date for the vB 4.1 release?

Thanks a lot.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

I heard the major template changes won't be till after 4.1
    and no one will be able to tell you when X release is out, the answer you'll get is (soon™)
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

hmm,, double post..

Comment

• Yves R.
        vBulletin QA
        • Nov 2003
        • 5.6.X

Exactly

Soon™

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• JorgeX
          • Oct 2005

Well that would be an answer for kids, im not playing here, im doing business, so if they are serius they will tell me an aproximate date like Q1 2011.

Thanks

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

It will be released when it's ready. Saying that it will be released in Q1 2011, then finding it is not fit for release, would just lead to more frustration.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• ThorstenA
              • Nov 2004
              • 4.0.x

As much as I understand, the time of "big releases" until vbulletin 5 is over. There will always be small releases with few changes. Not one release with lots of different changes.

vbulletin 4.0.8 and the upcoming vbulletin 4.0.9 have a focus on modernizing the template variables. After that I think the "core" template system will not change so much.

Comment

• JorgeX
                • Oct 2005

May i have an official word on this please?

Comment

• Robbiefritz
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by JorgeX
                  You have been given the answer essentially. What you ask is nothing different than what others that already own the software have asked and the answers above are exactly what we have received. Not sure what else to tell you. No one here is trying to be childish.
                  [URL="http://unified4change.com"]unified4change.com[/URL="http://unified4change.com"]|[URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]AllThingsGermany.com[/URL="http://allthingsgermany.com"]|[URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]BeergodsGarage.com[/URL="http://beergodsgarage.com"]

Comment

• we_are_borg
                    • Aug 2004
                    • 4.2.X

What you would hear as official answer is that they do not give exact release dates when it goes live on this site it is usually released in a month but if there not happy then you wait longer.

Comment

• Yves R.
                      vBulletin QA
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 5.6.X

The first given date for 4.1 was between mid-september '10 and mid-october '10. So you can see why the answer is "Soon".

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Ace
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 4.2.X

You.. think it will be released when it's NOT ready?
                        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• we_are_borg
                          • Aug 2004
                          • 4.2.X

To give it an vBulletin twist;

Soon Copyright 2004-2010 vBulletin. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between vBulletin and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, vBulletin does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as vBulletin will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon".

Very Soon Another common term implemented by vBulletin often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

Soon-ish In 2010, Fabian used the term "Soon-ish" with regards to the next release of information pertaining to vBulletin 4.1. Current speculation believes "Soon-ish" to exist between "Soon" and "End of Time.

vBulletin's Official Definition of Soon “Information in this press release that involves vBulletin’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. vBulletin generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause vBulletin’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of vBulletin’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, vBulletin’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of vBulletin’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against vBulletin, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, vBulletin’s success in integrating the operations of Jelsoft and Internet Brands in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in vBulletin’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to vBulletin and Internet Brands as of the date of this release, and neither vBulletin nor Internet Brands assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of vBulletin or Internet Brands and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.“

Adjusted for vBulletin/Internet Brands use taken from http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon

Comment

• Loco.M
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Well that would be an answer for kids, im not playing here, im doing business, so if they are serius they will tell me an aproximate date like Q1 2011.

Thanks
                            Soon™ has no age discrimination

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

May i know an estimative date for the vB 4.1 release?

Thanks a lot.
                              There isnt one atm. Simple as that.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...