Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alfa1
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

Im experiencing an annoying bug in groups, that was introduced with 3.8.6 The tracker shows that the bug is experienced by many people and was fixed in vb 3.8.7
    Here is one report of it, though there are various duplicate entries: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIII-12797

Im not going to install beta software and downgrading is not possible due to the security exploit, so please release vb 3.8.7 gold.
    I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

They really shouldnt have called it beta, given the obsession people seem to have with it.

Its only labelled that because QA havent officially had time to test it. The changes have all been tested by the people who programmed them, and in reality, there are very few changes. Only 16 files have changed in the forum software itself, and 7 of those are the payment processors, which have simply had an error message removed.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Alfa1
        • Dec 2005
        • 3.8.x

I know, but still bugs get introduced with versions that also have few changes and are labelled Gold.
        I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

I dont entirely see what your point is. Based on that you would never upgrade to any new version.

If you want the fix you mention then there is no reason you cannot upgrade to 3.8.7, whatever official label it may currently have.

If you really really want, you could download it and just replace class_groupmessage.php, which has the fix you desire.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Alfa1
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.8.x

Yes, that is the most logical solution. Thanks for that tidbit of info.
            I buy 420 forums

Comment