X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Buying today, even though ..

UPDATE
    Hi there again, I just couldn't wait and ordered it online and got the customer number and everything. I will try to download it now! No need to awnser the questions no more. I just bought it !! w00t.

Hey there !

I had a little bit of luck with money, and I am 'seriously' thinking of using the opportunity to buy the vBulletinBoard 2.2.1 that I always wanted!

However, is it worth buying today?
    I mean, if I am going to order today (the 31st), will I also get it today? As in, does it matter that it is the last day of the year (holidays) ? I hope not !

And because it is the last day of the year, are there any price changes coming up in January, so it is worth waiting a few weeks? (some program-prices always changes in the new year, and it would be a shame to put so much money on the table, and then finding out a week later that the prices has gone down).

I do not yet fully understand the options to purchase the software. I do not have a credit card, and will ask my father to jump in there. But is there any other way? (I don’t understand ‘check’ or ‘by fax’!)

Uhm, I hope to get a reply! So, if I buy today with credit card, I get the code today and have my forum up by tonight?

Man.. as a 'hobby' the software is pretty expensive for an owned license (but I am sure I will use it forever, and that it is worth the cash!)
    Last edited by Floris; Mon 31 Dec '01, 1:09am.
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

Even though you've already bought it, I will answer the questions in case someone else wants to know

You can purchase vB whenever you like and you'll get the license info within minutes - even christmas.

There are no planned price changes in the near future.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Thank you !

I just downloaded it and am planning on putting it online asap for testing and stuff!

I have a little question though:

The server it runs on (its first domain) is marietje.nl, which is the domain from a friend of which we share the internet account with. The second domain is creations.nl (which is the one I use) and will be the one ppl should type in, to get to the vbb forum! This is just a redirect (by frame)

So, when someone enters: http://www.creations.nl/ they will end up with http://www.marietje.nl/vbb/

In the control panel, should I enter as vbb url: www.marietje.nl/vbb/ or www.creations.nl (which i currently did)

To prevent confusion! (it will be ONE forum, for ONE site, with this ONE owned license! My friend wont be having a forum on his site)

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

enter the real url to the vB forum www.marietje.nl/vbb/ take care to not have the forward slash for the bburl
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Thank you kindly!

I have just completed my set-up, and am going through my options and configuration to try and get everything to work, so I can open beginning 2002 !

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

welcome aboard

just one thing to get priority support go here http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php and using your vB customer license number and password to access it and enter your forum username you use here in one of the 3 field boxes and click save..

that will register you on this forum as a licensed user for support
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Sweet, I will do that now! Feel free to close this thread

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by xiphoid
                Sweet, I will do that now! Feel free to close this thread
                no probs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...