X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MEGATRONICATRON
    Quite frankly, shutting one site down, brings 5 more sites up for a brief example. So really, in the scheme of things, your not getting anywhere, even though you may think you are You just think you are because a lot of people are Oblivious. And as Trevor mentioned, its the cooperation of things from within there companies. All I'm saying, long as there is internet, people feel, why should they pay for stuff, when they can get it for free. Harsh reality but that's the way things are.
    Why are you discouraging people from sending in Piracy reports?

Trevor also mentioned "something is always done."
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

I will put it this way.
      Would you rather have your forums copied by other parties in some way or not?

I would think you wouldn't want people to copy what you are doing all the time. So you report it.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.8.x

hmmmm

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        Please keep in mind though that Internet Brands is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of its mighty hand.
        Wait a sec - isn't that what is going on with the IB vs. xenForo brouhahahahaha?
        Oh wait a sec - XF is not 'illegal'

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
          Wait a sec - isn't that what is going on with the IB vs. xenForo brouhahahahaha?
          Oh wait a sec - XF is not 'illegal'

Jacquii.
          Nor in that or any context, is it a site. Zing?
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ace
            Nor in that or any context, is it a site. Zing?
            Nevermind - try to find a sense of humor sometime in your life.
            I was kidding - damn

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• MEGATRONICATRON
              • Sep 2010

Well what I'm saying is this and this is AS clear as i can get!

Wether you report one forum to the Founder of that particular forum, they may do something to the person running the forum that should of been purchased by a right full person but wether they close that forum, there is always gonna be someone who has something that they shouldn't have, pertaining that it should of been bought. I mean, things will get done about it, please don't get me wrong and I'm not being discouraging about reporting such things, It's just not gonna do nothing in the long run, because there is always a way around the cracks. For example, look at www.video-copilot.com They have extreme products worth alot of money but of course, there are certain people who find cracks to use these programs for free. Matter of fact, there are alot of people, dedicated to getting software for free, so yes, reporting them is good, but to me, its a whole waste of time. It's just a Reality-Check-Fact really that I am Pointing out.

Comment

• compwhizii
                • Jul 2009
                • 4.0.x

Quite frankly, shutting one site down, brings 5 more sites up for a brief example. So really, in the scheme of things, your not getting anywhere, even though you may think you are You just think you are because a lot of people are Oblivious. And as Trevor mentioned, its the cooperation of things from within there companies. All I'm saying, long as there is internet, people feel, why should they pay for stuff, when they can get it for free. Harsh reality but that's the way things are.
                Gee why does it sound like you're using a pirated copy

Comment

• Ace
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
                  Nevermind - try to find a sense of humor sometime in your life.
                  I was kidding - damn

Jacquii.
                  Terribly sorry. I was under the impression that you were in some way involved in writing...like you ran a site for poets or creative expression of some kind.

I assumed that meant you could comprehend the English Language.

Pardon my mistake.

(eg: Reporting a site for the suspected use of pirated software is NOTHING like the current situation with IB regarding Xenforo, and why you thought it was, or that THAT was funny, is beyond my comprehension.)

Comment

• MEGATRONICATRON
                    • Sep 2010

Got to love "know it alls" " Rolls eyes "

-Mega

Comment

• zxLeo
                      • May 2010
                      • 4.2.X

Well what I'm saying is this and this is AS clear as i can get!

Wether you report one forum to the Founder of that particular forum, they may do something to the person running the forum that should of been purchased by a right full person but wether they close that forum, there is always gonna be someone who has something that they shouldn't have, pertaining that it should of been bought. I mean, things will get done about it, please don't get me wrong and I'm not being discouraging about reporting such things, It's just not gonna do nothing in the long run, because there is always a way around the cracks. For example, look at www.video-copilot.com They have extreme products worth alot of money but of course, there are certain people who find cracks to use these programs for free. Matter of fact, there are alot of people, dedicated to getting software for free, so yes, reporting them is good, but to me, its a whole waste of time. It's just a Reality-Check-Fact really that I am Pointing out.
                      what are you trying to this :S

are you an illegal ?

you have a illegal copy ?

as i see , i can say : "you are an illegal user"

please, dont let a comment if you dont have a legal copy of this .

Comment

• MEGATRONICATRON
                        • Sep 2010

No. I do not have an Illegal Copy of this. You see, just because I am talking about this and trying to make my point as clear as daylight, you must assume, that I have an Illegal Copy. For your info, I do not. The fact that i wanted to make, is already made. I'm just saying there is alot of Pirates out there, and reporting, doesn't do a thing because, alot of these " Illegal " Sites, are hosted in other countries, so the laws are much different, than that of the US.

Comment

• zxLeo
                          • May 2010
                          • 4.2.X

hey ! you have a licence of this "software" ¿?

if you dont have ... why you put this ¿?

this is my REAL question ..

and i don't believe "the laws" for "other countrys" don't work ..

this hosting are called "Off - shore" and the cost of this server is so much (is like a "licence" of vbulletin) ...

for my, this "users" or "nulls" use this "host" but someones ... not all

the point is "the majority" of these users dont use this hostings.

the most commonly used are free hostings or cheaper ...

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ace
                            Terribly sorry. I was under the impression that you were in some way involved in writing...like you ran a site for poets or creative expression of some kind.

I assumed that meant you could comprehend the English Language.

Pardon my mistake.

(eg: Reporting a site for the suspected use of pirated software is NOTHING like the current situation with IB regarding Xenforo, and why you thought it was, or that THAT was funny, is beyond my comprehension.)
                            You're a jerkoff - try to get overself and please STOP FLAMING MY POSTS!

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 3.8.x

Alright everyone.. just calm down.

I think this threads needs to be closed.

The main story to this thread is that we have an AREA to report all boards that anyone things is illegal.

It's pointless to fight in this thread.

If you feel a board is pirated just report it. And if it is.. someone will take care of it.

If it isn't then it will be left alone.

Simple as that folks!

Comment

• bforum
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Blake Decosmo
                                Owl ur a snitch.. no one likes a snitch.
                                I do! Thanks to him ,another jerk gets caught HAIL HAIL
                                majority dont like peeps that call people snits for no reason at ALL !
                                Last edited by bforum; Tue 12 Oct '10, 11:33pm. Reason: typo sry ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...