• AnDy_LiN
    • Dec 2001

Owned License

Say if I bought an Owned License

1st Year: $160 - Cost of Owned License
    2nd Year: $30 - Renewal

Now, if for the 3rd Year, I did not want to renew it. So

3rd Year: $0 - Not Renewed

Would the 4th Year start all over with a whole new license or can I still continue my renewals with a break in between.

4th Year: $?? (160 or 30) for (New copy/Renewal) of Owned License.
  • nuno
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

probably $160
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• greggish

Good question. I never thought of that. I think we would both appreciate an official answer on this. Thanks

Comment

• AnDy_LiN
        • Dec 2001

This situation CAN apply to real life scenarios. For example, I set up a board when I'm in Grade 11 (First year), also Grade 12 (Second Year), and stop a board to get use to university life (Third Year). Now, if I want to get back to my board in my second year of Universit life, would I still have to pay the full amount of money to get what I've already paid for (but stopped for a while for legit reasons)?

Maybe a time range? Official staff please answer Thanks

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

i assume it' would be just the US$30/yr to renew access.. i have asked John or James to clear it up...
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

confirmed ...

it's US$30/yr renewal even if you skip the 3rd year and renew for 4th ...

hope that helps
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Goldfinger
              • Jan 2001

cool im gonna have to buy an owned license now

Comment

• nuno
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.8.x

hmm
                not fair
                you should also pay skipped years
                if you skip 3rd year and renew 4th year you will end up paying $30 for renewal plus $30 for skipped year
                now thats fair
                You're my Prince of Peace
                And I will live my life for You

Comment

• AnDy_LiN
                  • Dec 2001

LOL, oh be quiet nuno. Not everyone has a broad budget like you :P

Comment

• Goldfinger
                    • Jan 2001

if you buy an owned license it is expensive enough to cover the cost of that year skipped .

Comment

• tubedogg
                      • Feb 2001

I don't agree...IMHO they are letting you guys off easy. For $30 you get a year of upgrades, whether it's a major version (v2 -> v3) or just minor increments. Microsoft charges $400 to upgrade from Office 2000 to Office 2002. Most companies that give you free or subscription-rate upgrades cut you off at the next major version, whereas Jelsoft does not. You guys are getting an incredible deal.

Say you have member's area access valid through December 2001 and you renew. v3 comes out April 2002. You renew in December 2002. v4 comes out March 2003. For $60 you just got $320 worth of software not to mention "minor" version upgrades - after all, 2.0.3 -> 2.2 was a large jump in terms of functionality. Who's to say 3.1 and 4.2 won't be the same way?

Anyway I'm done rambling but just realize how lucky you are.

Comment

• AnDy_LiN
                        • Dec 2001

I actually realize that. Also because that VBB is so much more better and so much cheaper than other boards!

Comment

• George L
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • May 2000
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by AnDy_LiN
                          I actually realize that. Also because that VBB is so much more better and so much cheaper than other boards!
                          here here

Comment

• Chrysalis
                            • May 2001

it is fair he wouldnt actually have access to the member area during the 3rd year but still would be able to legally run vbb.

So the initial yeah he is outright buying the right to run vbb forever whilst the annual $30 payment is access to the member area and for priority support in the forums.

But I have another question.

Lets use the same situation as an example so the 3rd year has not been renewed. What would happen if you posted a problem in the forums would the customer number be valid or would the user be told to pay for a renewal to get support?

Comment

• George L
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • May 2000
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Chrysalis

Lets use the same situation as an example so the 3rd year has not been renewed. What would happen if you posted a problem in the forums would the customer number be valid or would the user be told to pay for a renewal to get support?
                              well most like if you skip a year a new version or 2 would be out and any support issues you have wouldn't be supported just like we officially support the latest 2.2.x versions and not issues relating to 1.1.x etc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...