How vB Publishing cope with multi-languages websites ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghobrini
    • Sep 2010

How vB Publishing cope with multi-languages websites ?

Hello,
    I'm thinking about buying vB Publishing to create my website...
    And i'd like it to be in two languages: french and arabic (right-to-left)...
    There will be writers in arabic, and writers in french, and every article will be translated in both languages.

1) Do vB have the little "button" that allows the guest to switch from one and other language version of the website ? (in my case, from the "arabic full right-to-left version of the website" to "french version of the website")

2) Do vB offers features to help the translaters ? For example, that make it easy to see if one article in french hasnt its arabic version yet, or if one writer is currently working on its local version but didnt publish it yet...

3) Can I have the administration CMS aviable in different languages ? I mean, as an administrator id like it to be in english, but one of my writer perhaps would it to be in arabic ? is it possible ?

Thank you very much, merci
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ghobrini
    Hello,
    I'm thinking about buying vB Publishing to create my website...
    And i'd like it to be in two languages: french and arabic (right-to-left)...
    There will be writers in arabic, and writers in french, and every article will be translated in both languages.

1) Do vB have the little "button" that allows the guest to switch from one and other language version of the website ? (in my case, from the "arabic full right-to-left version of the website" to "french version of the website")

2) Do vB offers features to help the translaters ? For example, that make it easy to see if one article in french hasnt its arabic version yet, or if one writer is currently working on its local version but didnt publish it yet...

3) Can I have the administration CMS aviable in different languages ? I mean, as an administrator id like it to be in english, but one of my writer perhaps would it to be in arabic ? is it possible ?

Thank you very much, merci
    1. There is a pull down menu at the button of this page this is how we select a language.

2. No vBulletin don't has that the CMS is not setup to handle more then one language at the time, it not like when you choose a language articles change with it (even if you write in two languages).

3. Language settings are user saved so everyone can have there own language.

Comment

• ghobrini
      • Sep 2010

Thank you we_are_borg
      I wanted the possibility to change from "original article" to "translated article" in a fashion close to cafebabel website

Comment

• we_are_borg
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

You can look at vBulletin.org if something exists like that or even ask for it paid or unpaid.

Comment

• MoMan
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.8.x

There is a paid modification called vbulletin enterprise translator (there's also a free version over at vB.org with fewer features & worse performance) which will do just what you want. I use it on my forum- just try clicking the flags: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/

The mod can also translate content in posts directly. Say that someone posted in Arabic but the forum were being browsed by an English-speaker. Then, all posts in Arabic would be auto-translated to English.
          Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).

Comment

• we_are_borg
            • Aug 2004
            • 4.2.X

I would not use that vBulletin Enterprise Translator it has some real nasty thing in it. Also when you use it many other add-on makers will not help you.

Comment