Can I set vB to not show certain registered user groups inthe members list?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greggish

Can I set vB to not show certain registered user groups inthe members list?

I plan on having a board focussed on a core group of regular contributors having permission to post articles or op-eds. The majority of the users will not have permission post and would only be allowed to read, but I would like to have them be able to register so they have the ability to subcribe to threads, and receive email notifications. The problem that I see, is that all the registered users would show up in the members list when I only want it to display the authors (or only those user groups with permission to post) so the users can search for specific authors and their posts. I looked through the admin demo and could not find a setting that would allow me to do this. Did I miss this feature in the admin? If this can't be done "out of the box" is there a hack for this?, or would it be easy to write a hack to do this? Thanks
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

This is not possible 'out of the box' but it would be pretty easy to hack it in.

Comment

• greggish

Originally posted by tubedogg
      This is not possible 'out of the box' but it would be pretty easy to hack it in.

Yeah...pretty easy for you maybe...

...but for me it's more like...

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

There is already a function to exclude user groups, it would be a matter of adding to that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...