Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eugenie2000
    • Aug 2000

VB Pricing does not make cents

Lease (# years) (cost) Buy (#years) (cost)
    1 $85 1 $160
    2 $170 2 $190
    3 $255 3 $220

Only after two years is the cost of buying VB justified, rather than just leasing VB.

This is because you have to pay $30 each year (after the 1st) for members access with the purchase plan , but it's included in the lease plan .

Who knows, maybe in two years and evil megacorp will take over VBulletin and you'll end up with UB... err.. another disaster!

I think it's safer to lease VB rather than purchase it. Who knows in 3 years maybe we'll all be webconferencing and storing the videos (yeah right bill).....
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

Uh, what do you mean

$85 is a lease and you have to renew each year that $85, with no access to members area if you do not renew

$160 means you own a license and you have access to members area, but if you do not renew $30 per year, you dont have access to updates, but still have access to members area (which provides support ticketing, and other support beyond updates)

Again, by your own calculations, its better to own (saving $35 after 3 years) than to lease it.

I doubt you're going to keep a forum software for ONLY one year.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• Eugenie2000
      • Aug 2000

?

I'm saying that unless you're sure you're going to be using VB for more than 2 years, you will lose money by purchasing rather than leasing....
      It will cost me $170 to lease for 2 years, $190 to own for 2 years, if you own for more than 2 years like 2 years and one day then it's more economical to buy rather than lease.

But it's a gamble.. lots of things could happen between now and 2 years from now.

Comment

• Joe
        • May 2000

True, i firsted started with a lease. Honestly, i didnt think vB would make it its first year, im glad i was wrong!
        Bike Forums.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...