Run VB on multiple sites with a single database and single administration interface

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by IBxAnders
    I released this as a product a while back; but it was early alpha - I eventually removed the product. I've always wanted to clean it up, add a few more features and release it for vB 4.0; I think it's a really cool feature.
    we're all hoping to see this released again, maybe a future version of vB with that option
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• HenrikHansen
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      Its not hard to impliment from a specific prespective, at least the concept behind it isnt to hard
      Zachery, it this statement is true, then you should desribe how to do it in the vbulletin forum, fx in one of all those threads where people unsuccesfull have been screaming for this feature in years,
      instead of saying to new customers in the pre-asales forum that it is not hard to implement.
      Europanet.dk

Comment

• HenrikHansen
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by IBxAnders
        I released this as a product a while back; but it was early alpha - I eventually removed the product. I've always wanted to clean it up, add a few more features and release it for vB 4.0; I think it's a really cool feature.
        That indeed makes IB the worst businessmen the world have ever seen. Release product = immediately increase in sales = more money.
        I would like to buy more licenses if released (if it works on 3.8, of course)

EDIT: Might even consider upgrade if it works in 4.1
        Last edited by HenrikHansen; Mon 23 Aug '10, 2:20pm.
        Europanet.dk

Comment

• we_are_borg
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by HenrikHansen
          That indeed makes IB the worst businessmen the world have even seen. Release product = immediately increase in sales = more money.
          It works on 3.8 for sure look at the link i gave in post 11. It works on version 4 to it seems.

Comment

• HenrikHansen
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by we_are_borg
            It works on 3.8 for sure look at the link i gave in post 11. It works on version 4 to it seems.
            Thats Floris site, and he wont tell how to do it. Let him have the secret, he says its simple, and now Zachery says the same in this thread.
            So why are we waiting, and why are IB waiting to collect money and increase sales??? I don´t understand, it is one of the missing features that have
            made people flock to IPB in recent years.
            Europanet.dk

Comment

• rajubd
              • Apr 2009
              • 4.1.x

only problem should be attachmen. database can be connected easy way
              MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• we_are_borg
                • Aug 2004
                • 4.2.X

Thats Floris site, and he wont tell how to do it. Let him have the secret, he says its simple, and now Zachery says the same in this thread.
                So why are we waiting, and why are IB waiting to collect money and increase sales??? I don´t understand, it is one of the missing features that have
                Only thing i know that Floris said in a topic was that it is 5 code lines to make everything work together.

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

I would suggest everyone just hold tight, vbulletin may release the code for us soon.
                  I have a good feeling they have already started testing it on 4.x.

and btw, several ppl/companies are doing this already and have been for years, it isn't impossible
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Aug 2003

Zachery, it this statement is true, then you should desribe how to do it in the vbulletin forum, fx in one of all those threads where people unsuccesfull have been screaming for this feature in years,
                    instead of saying to new customers in the pre-asales forum that it is not hard to implement.
                    Amen.

Comment

• Aug 2003

That indeed makes IB the worst businessmen the world have ever seen. Release product = immediately increase in sales = more money.
                      I don't get it either, they would be multiplying revenue. The guy who created it is right here in this thread stating he wants to to do it. Well... let's do it, I'll pay to get this rolling if necessary.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by Loco.M
                        and btw, several ppl/companies are doing this already and have been for years, it isn't impossible
                        Who are these people? Who is doing it on VB4? Can I hire them to do it for me?

Comment

• martynjd
                          • Mar 2004

isnt this built in vbulletin anyway???

also just looks like there all using the same database with just a few template edits.... nothing actually special about it..

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

It should be moderately easy to do a single install with multpile site faces. Its not nearly as easy to do a an backend auth thing.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Wait, IPB supports this?

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by martynjd
                                isnt this built in vbulletin anyway???

also just looks like there all using the same database with just a few template edits.... nothing actually special about it..
                                If there is nothing special about it why does it seem so hard to get this?

That's exactly what I want, same database, and template edits for each domain which makes it easy to manage as well as allowing different styles for each domain.

M3post.com and e90post.com use this setup but are holding onto their secret.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...