Run VB on multiple sites with a single database and single administration interface

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • screenmates
    • Feb 2010

Run VB on multiple sites with a single database and single administration interface

Can vB run off multiple sites on a single/central database and single administration interface? It would be nice to have different frontend layout for each site. In other words MS (multi-site) version.

Would be interested in this.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

It may be possible via modifications but it will require a license for each site.

Comment

• screenmates
      • Feb 2010

A license for each site is not a problem. Is vB team looking into implementing the feature?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

There was a v3 mod for this released by the internal IB programers. I'm not sure if there will be another.

Comment

• we_are_borg
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
          There was a v3 mod for this released by the internal IB programers. I'm not sure if there will be another.
          There was a vBulletin 4 version but its in the graveyard and removed, but i think vBulletin needs to think about this one could be worth gold to have.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Its not hard to impliment from a specific prespective, at least the concept behind it isnt to hard

Comment

• we_are_borg
              • Aug 2004
              • 4.2.X

Its not hard to impliment from a specific prespective, at least the concept behind it isnt to hard
              But i'm not a programmer i can follow php and so on but write it myself i can't i don't have the patience for it.

Floris said it was 5 lines of code that he used.

Comment

• IBxAnders
                • Aug 2001
                • 4.0.x

I released this as a product a while back; but it was early alpha - I eventually removed the product. I've always wanted to clean it up, add a few more features and release it for vB 4.0; I think it's a really cool feature.
                anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
                Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
                Please be my friend!
                http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
                vBulletin Performance Articles:
                Click here to read

Comment

• we_are_borg
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by IBxAnders
                  I released this as a product a while back; but it was early alpha - I eventually removed the product. I've always wanted to clean it up, add a few more features and release it for vB 4.0; I think it's a really cool feature.
                  It is a cool feature and it great if you can build a network that incorporates multiple sites and only one single user-name and password..

Comment

• Glenn_E
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 4.2.X

So how would something like this work? You log into admincp then select the site you want to administer? I like it!
                    WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

• we_are_borg
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 4.2.X

Have no idea how it works at the back-end but take a look at http://vbfans.com/ and the network they have register at one site and you can access all their sites.

Comment

• Carlos 360
                        Banned
                        • May 2008
                        • 3.7.x

I'm going to be keeping close watch on this idea.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Well there is huge demand for this.

I'm on V4 and I want this, I'll pay. Can we get IB programmers to help those us who want to do it? Why was the mod abandoned? This just means more revenue with multiple licenses.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by we_are_borg
                            Have no idea how it works at the back-end but take a look at http://vbfans.com/ and the network they have register at one site and you can access all their sites.
                            How the hell do they do that?!?!?

I don't know why this is such a big secret and why it was abandoned. Clearly some sites are making it work, I'm desperate for this.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by IBxAnders
                              I can not tell you how many nights I spend praying you will release it for VB 4.

Please... please, time to resume this product, people ask for it all the time!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...