X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveprice
    • Dec 2001

UltraBoard 2.23 Import

Hi,

I know there's a hack for importing Ultraboard to vBulletin, and from what I see posted, it works well. Does anyone know whether it will import from a UB2k backup of a DBM based system, or only from the MySQL version of UB2k? I have UB2K running as a DBM, but want to convert to vBulletin without first converting the UB2K databases to MySQL. The reason is that I don't have the conversion utility for doing the DBM to MySQL thing with UltraBoard; if anyone can provide that to me my problem would be solved even if vBulletin can't import from the DBM version.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Price
    Steve Price
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You will have to talk to the author of the hack about this. We can only support the official importers released by the vBulletin development team.

You can find out more information about the hacks available for vBulletin at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• steveprice
      • Dec 2001

Hi Wayne,

I've been to that site, and the only way to get any information about the hack is to have a vBulletin customer number. The only way to get one of those is to buy vBulletin, right?

I run a completely noncommercial site, no ads, nothing for sale, no source of funds except my pocket. I'm not about to fork over $160 for vBulletin without knowing whether there is at least a history of someone else having imported UB2K DBM database files into it.

Thanks,

Steve Price
      Steve Price

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You should be able to read and learn over there without a number. It is just when you want to download hacks that they should require a number.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...