X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ellipsiiis
    • Dec 2001

Questions

Is there an import utility for DCForum?

Are there any plans for a MS-SQL compatible version?

When will the Version 3 release (with threaded posts) happen?

I am planning now for a site upgrade to happen in late January/early Feb and need to know especially about the importing and threading as I am looking to upgrade but need it to be as seemless as possible. (ie I want to add features not have them taken away). I realize these questions were asked before but they mostly went off on tangents and I couldn't find answers. I don't care if people don't like DCF, don't like threading or think Mysql is better, these are the options I need. Thanks
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

1) there is no import script as of yet (check at vbulletin.org for a hack script). Sorry never heard of DCForum personally.
    2) Mysql is only supported right now. I believe Postgre is under consideration as well. No word on MS-Sql.
    3) Threaded views is UNDER consideration for version 3. Nothing definite about it right now (IMHO it should be left out entirely). And Version 3 isn't scheduled to be due out till late spring of 2002.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ellipsiiis
      Is there an import utility for DCForum?
      There is no DCForum import script and there is not currently one under development.
      Are there any plans for a MS-SQL compatible version?
      We are looking at other databases for the long-term future (e.g. more than 6 to 8 months).
      When will the Version 3 release (with threaded posts) happen?
      vBulletin v3 is due out in late Q1 2002, sometime around late March.

(IMHO it should be left out entirely)
      Since when are you against more options?

And Version 3 isn't scheduled to be due out
      isn't scheduled to be due out, eh?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...