Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrzzMan
    • Dec 2001

Need help before get a license!

Ugh, I'm using a pirate vBB now, sorry but just for local testing only.

I'm about to upgrade my current XMB forum (at http://vnOCzone.2ya.com) to vBB. And I'm wondering if I can keep all the hack, tweak, and others... of my pirate vBB after I get a license, or I have to use the licensed copy of vBB?

And one more time, don't blame me coz I'm using a pirate copy now (just for test and study only - I gained nothing but a lot of PHP knowledge from it)...
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

I would recommend using the admin files from your legal copy (at least admin/index.php and admin/adminfunctions.php). You can leave the others.

Comment

• FrzzMan
      • Dec 2001

Err, I dont' think that those admin files from the legal copy are differrent from the pirate copy. So tell me what differrents?
      NOTE: My Control Panel also look very good after some hacks done by me!
      Originally posted by JamesUS
      I would recommend using the admin files from your legal copy (at least admin/index.php and admin/adminfunctions.php). You can leave the others.

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

Those files contain your license information.

Comment

• FrzzMan
          • Dec 2001

If that's all! I think I can transfer all the license info to my current admin files. Coz I don't wanna re-hack all the things again. Just think about it make me sick...

But I still dont' know where're those info locate!

Comment

• JamesUS
            • Aug 2000

Once you have purchased a valid license I will tell you what you need to update.

Comment

• FrzzMan
              • Dec 2001

So I will be able to keep all my currently hack to the forums? Cool! That's good, very good!
              So, I'm going to purchase a license.

But I don't know if I purchase the permanent license will be better or yearly license will be better? Can you give me an advice?

Comment

• amykhar
                • May 2001
                • 3.5.x

If you know for sure that you will be in the board business for 3 years or more, the owned license is the way to go.

However, if you only plan to do this for a year or two, the leased option ends up being more economical.

Amy
                http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

• Hooper
                  • Apr 2001
                  • 3.5.x

Re: Need help before get a license!

Originally posted by FrzzMan
                  Ugh, I'm using a pirate vBB now, sorry but just for local testing only.
                  vB not vBB. UBB not ub. license not pirate.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...