• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharan00
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.0.x

Single sign on

Hi,

We are planning to add vbullentin to our application, but we already have a registration and sign on process, I wanted to know is there anyway I could call an API of vbullentin with a user/pwd and it could automatically sign in the user. We do not want the users to sign in to our application and then also to the forms.

Thanks,
    Sharan
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

vBulletin has no API that let user names and passwords be shared with other programs. But you can build a bridge that converts from your application to vBulletin. There a few bridges as example on http://www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• sharan00
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.0.x

can VBullein pick up the user/pwd from the session and log the user in?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

No... You have to edit either your sites code and insert the proper values into the forum database for the new user or vice versa.

You might be able to disable the vb log on and use your site to log in and drop a cookie for vbulletin forums but I'm not certain if that would work.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Don Maddox
          • Aug 2002
          • 3.6.x

This is something that a large number of vBulletin webmasters have been asking for for years. So far the requests have been ignored.
          http://www.gamesquad.com

Comment

• we_are_borg
            • Aug 2004
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Don Maddox
            This is something that a large number of vBulletin webmasters have been asking for for years. So far the requests have been ignored.
            Think its been asked for when the software came out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...