Are you really limitted to searching only one forum or all forums?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greggish99
    • Dec 2001

Are you really limitted to searching only one forum or all forums?

I just realized after looking at the search function on several VBulletin boards that your choice is limited to either searching only one forum or having to search all. Being that it's using a true MySQL database you should be able to set it up to allow people to search multiple forums by using the Contol key, right? I hope this feature is in there and maybe for some reason administrators are not using it because it slows perfomance. I would be willing to take a performance hit to have this feature...for my purposes this would be absolutely necessary. Is there a way to enable multiple forum selection in the search engine?
    Last edited by greggish99; Sat 15 Dec '01, 6:59pm.
  • Joe
    • May 2000

Its not a standard feature at this time. I know this has been requested in the past, it may be on the to-do list for the v3 edition. Untill then, somebody at vbulletin.org may beable to hack this in for you.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

I believe selecting one forum will search that forum and anything it is a parent to - e.g. any subforums or subsubforums etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...