X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ceho
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.1.x

Branding-Free - and now?

Hi, I finally bought my branding-free option which I wanted to do for years. But now, searching through threads, I got a little bit confused on how to proceed. Is there a guideline of what I am allowed to remove/replace? Or any examples of e.g. footers with validated branding-free content? I don't want to do any changes and pay all that money and wake up in the morning to find out I did something wrong and be in trouble ;-).

Thanks a lot!
    sigpic
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If you download a new copy of the files the language file will have all o f the vBulletin wording removed in it.

Generally you can remove any public facing usage of Internet Brands/vBulletin but you cannot rebrand it, or remove it from the php source code.

Comment

• ChaFF
      • Jun 2010
      • 4.0.x

it has been a question for me too.
      Can anyone please attach pictures with highlight to explain what exactly I'm aloud to remove without paying fee and with a brand free option.
      Many thanks.
      People ask me why I don't like rats. Sorry, I'm not giving you the answer

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Without branding free, you can remove everytihng except for the copyright statement on the bottom of every page. It must be displayed on any page that vBulletin is powering in anyway.

the branding free license allows you to remove the copyright noctice, but you cannot rebrand the software or remove internal notices of the software.

Comment

• SeToY
          • Nov 2009

So, all this is about is:
          Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.4
          Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Comment

• ChaFF
            • Jun 2010
            • 4.0.x

but if I pay brand free I can remove it too?

Comment

• Scott
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by SeToY
              So, all this is about is:
              Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.4
              Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
              Correct. Enabling one to be "brand free".

Comment

• Scott
                • Apr 2001
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by ChaFF
                but if I pay brand free I can remove it too?
                Yes.

Comment

• ChaFF
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 4.0.x

Finally =) So if I pay for it, there will be no visual sings of a vbulletin on my page ?

Was confused because some people where saying you can not remove that even if you pay.
                  But without paying for that I can remove logo on a first page and description on a header... and leave a sign in a bottom of each page, right?
                  Last edited by ChaFF; Sun 27 Jun '10, 4:38am.

Comment

• Scott
                    • Apr 2001
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by ChaFF
                    Finally =)
                    Was confused because some people where saying you can not remove that even if you pay.
                    But without paying for that I can remove logo on a first page and description on a header... and leave a sign in a bottom of each page, right?
                    Correct. You can change the logo header verbiage without paying for the "branding Free" license. But cannot edit the footer information without the "branding free" license.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Can people with a 3.x license that's now expired still buy branding free, or do they need to activate their "support" access first (buy a vB 4 license)?

Comment

• we_are_borg
                        • Aug 2004
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Floris
                        Can people with a 3.x license that's now expired still buy branding free, or do they need to activate their "support" access first (buy a vB 4 license)?
                        No you cant only licenses that are active can be made branding free. Thats great doing from vBulletin not to allow branding free option for 3.x they are cutting them selfs in the fingers.

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Why would they not allow it. It's not a "support" question, it's a "service" they're offering, just how you could buy the SUITE, or the INSTALL or UPGRADE service.

I got 20 licenses now, if we want to get rid of the footer, I would have to spend $4200 upgrading first, just to get the option to buy branding free. Instead of having the option to get 20x branding free possibly, they now ensure I wouldn't even consider it as a customer.

Comment

• ChaFF
                            • Jun 2010
                            • 4.0.x

the other thing, again if I have vb publishin 4, i pay for brand free... than vb5 appears, i upgrade... my brand free feature carries over from 4 to 5?

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Yes, if you have a branding free for version 3, it is valid for version 4 too (same license) .. so version 5 should be fine too. Unless that changed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...