When will vB4 Chinese version available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by SamV
    A, Yes, sure, Cos someone scare people talking the truth here. Simple search my post , you can find lies did by this company people
    Sam, desist with the 'lies' line of posting - you've been warned about this previously and we will not tolerate it further...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

Trevor -- just get the guy what he needs. You've had dozens of vb china customers on here complaining and frankly, I feel like you guys are lying to them too. The fact that Ray Morgan lied to all of us during the presale event doesn't exactly help you guys here.

better question: why do things only get fixed when people jump up and down about it? Its not productive for the customer or the staff but it seems to be the only method that works.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        Trevor -- just get the guy what he needs. You've had dozens of vb china customers on here complaining and frankly, I feel like you guys are lying to them too. The fact that Ray Morgan lied to all of us during the presale event doesn't exactly help you guys here.

better question: why do things only get fixed when people jump up and down about it? Its not productive for the customer or the staff but it seems to be the only method that works.

and people wonder why i don't trust vB well this is just one more reason

trevor only called out sam. notice how the support staff ignore any valad points made here in this thread they are sliding back again.

flip comments like it will be ready when its ready will just not due this time around. china customers have been through enough already.

how hard is it to get a chinese language pack done?
        Last edited by Mike Anime; Mon 21 Jun '10, 9:44am.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Mike, they're not asking for that, they already have that. They want a fix to mutibyte searching issues, which is why the chinese version exsisted in the first place.

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
            Mike, they're not asking for that, they already have that. They want a fix to mutibyte searching issues, which is why the chinese version exsisted in the first place.
            so do tell why the china customers have to continue to suffer while the rest of the world can use vB ?

i just think its wrong to "string them along" i know vb4 has issues that need fixing and most likely wont be settled till 4.1.0 but making the china customers continue to wait is wrong IMHO.

you know i don't post like i did above however i feel china customers are getting the shortest end of the stick.

maybe you can give them some sort of idea when they will have what they want. even if it is something like "once we have the current issues with vB4 settled" or "once we get 4.1.0 out the door"

or just tell them "we do not have time to work on your problems in the near future continue running your old versions or switch platforms"

Comment

• chenf
              • May 2003

Fo some English users, let me explain this. There are actually 2 issues regarding vB Chinese versions.

1) No Chinese language pack:
              This is not hard at all. As I have posted there is a Chinese demo hosted by vB China support guy. He or other guys like me would love to help. I really don't see you need many developers to develop a "language pack".

2) The search engine problem:
              vB always has search engine problem when dealing with Chinese. I believe because Chinese fonts and grammar also influenced some languages like Japanese or Korean languages, vB's search engine has never worked properly with these languages.

I suggest, please give us the language pack first (this means let us "BUY" vB4 Chinese from whatever .com sites) and work on the search engine for the later upgrade (vB4.2?). Unless you decided to fix the search engine for Chinese version very soon, I really don't understand why let us wait.

Seriously, when I posted the request few days ago, I didn't know there are many complains here. And I noticed many English users are not happy too, especially for vB4. I was a bit suprised to know few guys even started an anti-vB site and a forum because of vB4 issues and the support. This is NOT A GOOD SIGN! vB used to be the best, had a good support and community!

PLEASE listen to your customers! Some of us joined vB years ago because UBB sucked and they didn't listen to us. It was a pain to convert forum to different data bases. If you don't listen to some simple, basic, reasonable requests, customers will leave sooner or later. Not to mention potential customers will notice something is not right.....
              Last edited by chenf; Mon 21 Jun '10, 10:35am.

Comment

• mimocherry
                • Jun 2010

It is actually a good sign to see so many posts regarding the chinese support.

At least, vb knows that the demand is there...

Comment

• mimocherry
                  • Jun 2010

1) There is a vB4 Chinese demo site by the support guy of vB China. It works very well.
                  本站由浩瀚星空所有

#perhaps, vb can just buy the language pack from that guy :-)

Comment

• SamV
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Zachery

For example, what they already have ? use brain Plz

Comment

• SamV
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009

"once we have the current issues with vB4 settled" or "once we get 4.1.0 out the door"

"we do not have time to work on your problems in the near future continue running your old versions or switch platforms"

Cool, The team will be say thank you , You easily fielded this awkward questions

Comment

• yesonline
                        • Sep 2001

I have used vbulletin for many years in Chinese version and doing well(I bough 7 or 8 licenses), however,it seems that I am not able to get VB4 in Chinese version now (and forever)? Please give me a clearly answer if VB is already decided to give up the Chinese market(not only in China but all the Chinese areas)? So that I can try to transform to another forum scripts ASAP for my current and future forums. I am your faithful customer so I think I deserve a simple and clear answer from you.

Thank you.

Comment

• rcpoloop
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by yesonline
                          I have used vbulletin for many years in Chinese version and doing well(I bough 7 or 8 licenses), however,it seems that I am not able to get VB4 in Chinese version now (and forever)? Please give me a clearly answer if VB is already decided to give up the Chinese market(not only in China but all the Chinese areas)? So that I can try to transform to another forum scripts ASAP for my current and future forums. I am your faithful customer so I think I deserve a simple and clear answer from you.

Thank you.
                          There are no "CLEAR ANS." only the "Official ANS".
                          I thought that's no more time to wait because I cannot make my user just waiting for the forever period. These days, I've tried many forum solutions and found out that VBB IS NOT THE ONLY DECISION . Thought convert the database is a difficulty , I fed up the inefficient procedure.
                          JUST A LANGUAGE PACK PROBLEM , I CONSIDER THAT YOU SHOULD SHOW YOUR SINCERITY TO YOUR CUSTOMER.

Comment

• hecman
                            • Jun 2010

Even I already purchased vb4 suite, I really don't want to wait any longer.
                            I do not feel they care about our voices and have intention to solve the problem.

Maybe we can work together to find a BETTER, and FRIENDLIER forum provider.

Thank you.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by hecman
                              Even I already purchased vb4 suite, I really don't want to wait any longer.
                              I do not feel they care about our voices and have intention to solve the problem.

Maybe we can work together to find a BETTER, and FRIENDLIER forum provider.

There is one good one out there with few issues for RTL users and IIRC they do have a chinese version out there but you would have to go there and ask just use the link in my sig

Comment

• SamV
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009

Thank you.
                                Official answer is there is no more support on VB Chinese version , so no need wait.

But i can give you a simple solution , Some Chinese Guy already working on that and have complete solution to fixing above issue ! Just go there site and make some Donate, you will get the newest version and complete free, also have great support ! so why need spend time here then

Best regards

SamV

Comment