When will vB4 Chinese version available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
    I guess that is a business decision up to you guys but why can't you offer the vb china customers the same upgrade promo you offered the rest of us? With everything on your plates already, why not extend the licensing deal with the vb china guys for the vb4 series and be done with that headache?
    When a Chinese 'Perpetual' (their version of our old 'Owned') license was approx $60USD and a renewal was approx $10USD, what discount do you reckon they should get to upgrade to vB4, something that was never offered to them?
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• IB Adrian
      Former Senior Operations Manager
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
      I guess that is a business decision up to you guys but why can't you offer the vb china customers the same upgrade promo you offered the rest of us? With everything on your plates already, why not extend the licensing deal with the vb china guys for the vb4 series and be done with that headache?
      I mentioned we intend on offering vB4 to them.
      Adrian

Comment

• chenf
        • May 2003

Originally posted by IB Adrian
        Mike - the company that sold those instances of vBulletin does not exist any more.
        We are attempting to provide support to these customers to rectify their concerns.
        vBulletin4 was not part of vbulletin-china's purchase agreement - despite people requesting it.

Best,
        Adrian
        May be I should add few things.

When I converted my UBB board to vB years ago, vB was sold directly from vbulletin.com. At that time I really liked the support and posted few suggestions on this board. But later vB asked us to used vBulletin China which offered very bad support. And from what I heard from the re-open vBulletin China and vBulletin team, those guys just vanished. Of course those Chinese guys were bad, but vB team probably made a wrong business decision at that time. Now, the new vBulletin China seems to have guys from Taiwan and China. Their support seems to be better, but they have no idea if there is a vB4 Chinese version.

However, from a customer's perspective, we don't care which company belongs to which company, all we care is if there is a future of our paid products. I am totally fine, for whatever reason if vB team decides there is NO MORE Chinese version. I think if that's the case, vB may just make a bad decision, BUT I am the main person who made a wrong decision to convert my UBB board to vb forum years ago.

So I do suggest vb to consider few things:

1) Either close vBulletin China, so everyone gets the same support from the same company; or allow vBulletin4 to be part of vbulletin-china's purchase agreement and continue a solid Chinese support.
        2) If there is no vB Chinese version, at least allow us to do the translation. I am sure there must be someone who will provide a translation file later. BTW, it doesn't really matter to buyers if it's licensed from vB China or vB.com. Most users don't care where they pay the money or where they download the licenses from.
        3) If you are not interested in selling a Chinese version, nor do you want to sell a version we can do translation, that's TOTALLY FINE, just tell us CLEARLY. I would probably convert my board to pHpBB or IP.Board and never look back.

We really don't understand how hard it could be for a different language version. For the translation , other users or me would love to help as well!

PS: vB may have some other reasons and doesn't want to support the Chinese version actively (I guess either piracy problem, commercial or political reasons....). Seriously, I have a feeling that vB doesn't want to develop it, but doesn't want to admit it too (though as Adrian mentioned vb "intend" on offering vB4 to us........when??). But I found it's still odd they are not interested in selling more upgrades when they actually already have the upgrade in hand.

Damn, I miss the old days of vB!
        Last edited by chenf; Fri 18 Jun '10, 1:50pm.

Comment

• jerrylv
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chenf
          May be I should add few things.

When I converted my UBB board to vB years ago, vB was sold directly from vbulletin.com. At that time I really liked the support and posted few suggestions on this board. But later vB asked us to used vBulletin China which offered very bad support. And from what I heard from the re-open vBulletin China and vBulletin team, those guys just vanished. Of course those Chinese guys were bad, but vB team probably made a wrong business decision at that time. Now, the new vBulletin China seems to have guys from Taiwan and China. Their support seems to be better, but they have no idea if there is a vB4 Chinese version.

However, from a customer's perspective, we don't care which company belongs to which company, all we care is if there is a future of our paid products. I am totally fine, for whatever reason if vB team decides there is NO MORE Chinese version. I think if that's the case, vB may just make a bad decision, BUT I am the main person who made a wrong decision to convert my UBB board to vb forum years ago.

So I do suggest vb to consider few things:

1) Either close vBulletin China, so everyone gets the same support from the same company; or allow vBulletin4 to be part of vbulletin-china's purchase agreement and continue a solid Chinese support.
          2) If there is no vB Chinese version, at least allow us to do the translation. I am sure there must be someone who will provide a translation file later. BTW, it doesn't really matter to buyers if it's licensed from vB China or vB.com. Most users don't care where they pay the money or where they download the licenses from.
          3) If you are not interested in selling a Chinese version, nor do you want to sell a version we can do translation, that's TOTALLY FINE, just tell us CLEARLY. I would probably convert my board to pHpBB or IP.Board and never look back.

We really don't understand how hard it could be for a different language version. For the translation , other users or me would love to help as well!

PS: vB may have some other reasons and doesn't want to support the Chinese version actively (I guess either piracy problem, commercial or political reasons....). Seriously, I have a feeling that vB doesn't want to develop it, but doesn't want to admit it too (though as Adrian mentioned vb "intend" on offering vB4 to us........when??). But I found it's still odd they are not interested in selling more upgrades when they actually already have the upgrade in hand.

Damn, I miss the old days of vB!
          support you!!

but,they do not care about Chinese version 。

i decide to use ipb 、dz、 pw 。

Comment

• rcpoloop
            • Jan 2010

I don't know how to describe my feeling because I bought and used the VB3 for years ago. And now I wanna upgrade to the VB4, however, my license was expired so I pre-ordered a brand new license for upgrading my forum. NOW ,I've been being WAITING the Chinese language pack since I bought the license. My users need a Chinese interface on the forum so WHAT TIME CAN I GET THE LANGUAGE PACK FOR MY USERS??

Comment

• sportsfi
              • Oct 2008
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rcpoloop
              I don't know how to describe my feeling because I bought and used the VB3 for years ago. And now I wanna upgrade to the VB4, however, my license was expired so I pre-ordered a brand new license for upgrading my forum. NOW ,I've been being WAITING the Chinese language pack since I bought the license. My users need a Chinese interface on the forum so WHAT TIME CAN I GET THE LANGUAGE PACK FOR MY USERS??
              ADRIAN has already told you they don't have a chinese version - I wish people would stop claiming they do - he has already explained that Kevin and the other guy created the chinese version however it was not built for vBulletin users.

Adrian has already said that they intend to do a chinese version OUT OF GOOD FAITH but he doesn't know when as their current version is taking top piority.

And for those talking about other products I have reported your posts this is getting rediculous now, they have already explained they don't have a version, they plan on doing one in the future, and that vbchina is not an official seller of vb licenses. The company that you brought licenses off have gone bust and vBulletin have provided a place for you to get support in your own language - there is no need to go on and on and on about a version of vb4 that doesn't exist.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by sportsfi
                ADRIAN has already told you they don't have a chinese version - I wish people would stop claiming they do - he has already explained that Kevin and the other guy created the chinese version however it was not built for vBulletin users.

Adrian has already said that they intend to do a chinese version OUT OF GOOD FAITH but he doesn't know when as their current version is taking top piority.

And for those talking about other products I have reported your posts this is getting rediculous now, they have already explained they don't have a version, they plan on doing one in the future, and that vbchina is not an official seller of vb licenses. The company that you brought licenses off have gone bust and vBulletin have provided a place for you to get support in your own language - there is no need to go on and on and on about a version of vb4 that doesn't exist.

their problem is they need a chinese version NOW not whenever vb feels like doing it

the chinese forums are being reported as having bad support.

vb claims to want to help the china users however are doing little to prove it.

so what if someone mentiones ipb ubb or other software?

Comment

• mimocherry
                  • Jun 2010

Just to show my support that Chinese customers do exist :-)

other forum software support Chinese language, I am surprised that VB4 doesnt support it.

I wish that vb will support chinese font soon :-)

thanks for your taking our request into consideration!

Mimocherry!
                  Last edited by mimocherry; Sat 19 Jun '10, 10:37am.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Is it really too hard to do a Chinese language pack by the Chinese community?

Comment

• chenf
                      • May 2003

It shouldn't be hard. There is a vB4 Chinese demo site by the support guy of vB China. It works very well.

本站由浩瀚星空所有

I am sure he would love to help. I did ask him few question before posting the request here.

======================================

You are right. But the main problem is we don't have enough faith. Remember years ago we (not just Chinese users) all asked a CMS to integrate with vB forum. It took years before vB team to say they "intended" to develop one. Some users unfortunately moved on and used other CMS products. Guess what? After they said that, it took so many months (I can't even remember if not years) until we saw it. But no, the wait is not over. Some of us are still waiting for a different language versions. They said they "intended" to do one..... you see the pattern? Strangely, in the old days at least for those who don't use English, at least we can translate by ourself and there were always some registered users who can help (importing translated text file). Not to mention there is a Chinese demo site running just fine for months.

For customers, even it's correct, but most buyers don't care which company belongs to which company. Besides, most of us bought the first licenses from vB, not vB China. We were forced to deal with vB China for the later upgrades. Unfortunately those guys just VANISHED. Yes, they were just gone to no where. Sure vB team must be very frustrated; SO WERE WE. I guess that's one reason they are not actively supporting vB China which by the way has different guys now. Anyway, IMHO, this is not a very good public relation. If you were in our shoes, this is not a fun experience.

Productive suggestion:

1) There is a vB4 Chinese demo site by the support guy of vB China. It works very well.
                      本站由浩瀚星空所有

2) We do love your products. Give us a chance to BUY them. Waiting forever is bad.

3) I suggest we all buy licenses from the same vB even there are different language versions. And users can choose which support teams for them.
                      Last edited by chenf; Sat 19 Jun '10, 4:00pm.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

You see, big problem but an easy solution. Good luck.

Comment

• SamV
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009

@ All,

Here i give u some words, simply and easily :-)

Question 1 , Dose VB china is one of company ?

A, No, just handing by 2 guys , one of guy knew something about VB Tech and technical just so so . Other one just be good at in english who's technical knowledge value is Zero. So there is non company exist of VB china.

Question 2, VB com will be release Chinese version of VB4.x and going to Fixing search Issue for that?

A, No. There will not, , Get one of guy replied before Regarding searching in Chinese. "The stock, standard vBulletin has never supported this." But now Someone said will be intend to do, Both are from VB Team. Funny!

Question 3, VB China really have solution for search supported via a standard Fulltext ?

A, No. They haven't, VB china 'guy' doing nothing for. This solution was developed by other Chinese people who played Vb many years.

Question 4, Which information you will be get replied from VB com regarding those issue ?

A, I apologize for this in you getting those Problem , or no official answer right now. or bla bla ...

Question 5, Why so many Chinese people start to complain ?

A, Becos they felt those fooling(Cheating) things by those kindly Team non only one day or we can said one year or many years.

Question 6, Does this thread will be closed in few days ?

A, Yes, sure, Cos someone scare people talking the truth here. Simple search my post , you can find lies did by this company people

Comment

• sportsfi
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 3.8.x

This thread will only be closed if it is taken off topic talking about other things rather than pre-sales questions.

The fact remains that vB has said they intend to release a chinese version, however their development resources are tied up on developing vb4.

vBulletin/Internet Brands did not develop the chinese version that is being shown above, if they did develop it I am sure they will release it but they did not do it someone got a vBulletin license and converted it themselves.

They are under no legal obligation to support vBChina customers as that is a totally different company that doesn't exist any more. It is like buying a playstation from a shop - if that shop went out of business you can't go to another one demanding they support your product and that is what it is doing here.

On second thoughts I think this thread should be closed as the question has been answered - vBulletin Solutions/ Internet Brands intend to release a chinese version, however there is no time frame as their current developers are tied up developing the vBulletin 4.0 software. In the mean time vbChina is your port of call for technical support.

Comment

• chenf
                              • May 2003

T
                              They are under no legal obligation to support vBChina customers as that is a totally different company that doesn't exist any more. It is like buying a playstation from a shop - if that shop went out of business you can't go to another one demanding they support your product and that is what it is doing here.
                              Then you ask SONY. It's not difficult to understand.

You are lucky. Think about this way: If you bought vB from vbulletin.com and were forced to buy new upgrade from vB Australia. Few months later vB Australia was vanished. You can't get the support you needed, though they re-opened a new vB Australia later. 2 years later when there is a newest version selling for months, but there is just no new Australia version for you (of course, I know you guys use English version). And they or other language users tell you "they are under no legal obligation to support vBAustralia customers as that is a totally different company". What do you feel? Not to mention if the re-open vB Australia support guy has already translated an Australia version. All they need is just asking vB Australia support guy's translated file or ask someone like you would help them. This is not too much to ask......

Seriously, if you were in my shoes, you would say the same thing: What the hell is going on?

Anyway, I don't want to keep saying the same thing here. I did that because I want our voice to be heard. Other users and I may just wait for the Chinese version, or move to other companies' products. Of course it would be a pain........

Comment

• Mike Anime
                                • Oct 2004
                                • 3.7.x

This thread will only be closed if it is taken off topic talking about other things rather than pre-sales questions.

The fact remains that vB has said they intend to release a chinese version, however their development resources are tied up on developing vb4.
                                this will NOT change any time soon so why give false hopes of their "some time" being a chinese version out vB4 will not be at an end any time soon and even if it does there will be a vB5 to work on.

vBulletin/Internet Brands did not develop the chinese version that is being shown above, if they did develop it I am sure they will release it but they did not do it someone got a vBulletin license and converted it themselves.

so vB can't ask these same people to work on releasing it to the public why?

they SHOULD be if they are telling the china users to purchase upgrades to their china licences through the .com(us) site or to purchase NEW licences through the us site.

i mean why tell the china based users to purchase a licence at all if they can't use the software after purchase due to no language support?

On second thoughts I think this thread should be closed as the question has been answered - vBulletin Solutions/ Internet Brands intend to release a chinese version, however there is no time frame as their current developers are tied up developing the vBulletin 4.0 software. In the mean time vbChina is your port of call for technical support.

why go where the support is almost nonexistant? according to others posting in this and other threads on this subject.

______________________________________________________________________

Originally posted by chenf
                                Then you ask SONY. It's not difficult to understand.

You are lucky. Think about this way: If you bought vB from vbulletin.com and were forced to buy new upgrade from vB Australia. Few months later vB Australia was vanished. You can't get the support you needed, though they re-opened a new vB Australia later. 2 years later when there is a newest version selling for months, but there is just no new Australia version for you (of course, I know you guys use English version). And they or other language users tell you "they are under no legal obligation to support vBAustralia customers as that is a totally different company". What do you feel? Not to mention if the re-open vB Australia support guy has already translated an Australia version. All they need is just asking vB Australia support guy's translated file or ask someone like you would help them. This is not too much to ask......

Seriously, if you were in my shoes, you would say the same thing: What the hell is going on?

Anyway, I don't want to keep saying the same thing here. I did that because I want our voice to be heard. Other users and I may just wait for the Chinese version, or move to other companies' products. Of course it would be a pain........

if vB germany customers can be supported here why not china as long as they can post in english at all?
                                Last edited by Mike Anime; Sun 20 Jun '10, 4:23pm. Reason: did NOT want to double post

Comment