When will vB4 Chinese version available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chenf
    • May 2003

When will vB4 Chinese version available?

When will vB4 Chinese version available? A lot of users have been waiting for months. Unfortunately vbulletin-china.cn got no idea too. I saw someone from vbulletin-china.cn has a vB4 Chinese version demo site. Why it takes so long?
  • IB Adrian
    Former Senior Operations Manager
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.6.x

We don't actively support a Chinese version of vbulletin4.
    Providing a version of vbulletin4 to vbulletin-china.com customers is dependent upon us managing our priorities, it is something we would like to do, but our development team have been prioritizing the release of vbulletin 4.0.4
    Adrian

Comment

• hecman
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by IB Adrian
      We don't actively support a Chinese version of vbulletin4.
      Providing a version of vbulletin4 to vbulletin-china.com customers is dependent upon us managing our priorities, it is something we would like to do, but our development team have been prioritizing the release of vbulletin 4.0.4

Can you answer the following questions for me?

1. What's the role and priority of China vbulletin team?

2. According to the announcement from vbulletin China, they will provide Chinese version? This answer is provided by "ADRIAN".

3. The information we receieved from vBulletin China team is that they have Chinese version ready for users. Who is lying!! What's the problem?

4. The announcment here indcated the vbulletin china is part of your branches. Doesn't your company have any control? The problem between vbulletin.com and vbulletin-china.com should not affect us!!

5. Since vbulletin China is part of your branches, your company also has the responsibility to answers we received from vbulletin China. Some of users who purchased vbulletin were told by vbulletin China that they will be able to downland Chinese version soon. Several months passed, we did not see anything. Shouldn't your company need to take responsibility for it?

We all know the Chinese version vbulletin 4 is ready for a while. We are just users. Please solve your own problem and give us Chinese version ASAP.

Thanks
      Last edited by hecman; Wed 16 Jun '10, 12:54pm.

Comment

• GameFreak2009
        • Sep 2009

We all know the Chinese version vbulletin 4.0 is ready for a while. We are just users. Please solve your own problem and give us Chiense version ASAP.
        These guys (= vB Development Team) have been working very hard at vB4.0.4, they fixed a lot of bugs, and the only thing you can say is 'Do this, do that! ASAP'.

I'd suggest you go and complain with the Chinese Team Members instead of here ^^

What about asking things instead of commanding?

- Vincent

Comment

• hecman
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by GameFreak2009
          These guys (= vB Development Team) have been working very hard at vB4.0.4, they fixed a lot of bugs, and the only thing you can say is 'Do this, do that! ASAP'.

I'd suggest you go and complain with the Chinese Team Members instead of here ^^

What about asking things instead of commanding?

- Vincent

Do you read my message??

The vBulletin China team already has Chinese version vbulletin ready.

Why do not they release it? This is not related to technical issue. This is the problem between vbulletin China and vbulletin.com !!

They are one company not two seperate companies. If they were two companies, I will definitely file complain to vbulletin China. In reality, vbulletin China has less power to make any decision.

Please tell me what we can do. Nobody like to compaint. We already wait for several months without getting any solution!! I personally purchased the suite license a half year ago but never have any chance to use it because of Chinese problem. I don't think I ask too much.
          Last edited by hecman; Wed 16 Jun '10, 10:38am.

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by hecman
            4. The announcment here indcated the vbulletin china is part of your branch. Doesn't your company have any control? The problem between vbulletin.com and vbulletin-china.com should not affect to us!!
            How does that (below) 'indicate that vBulletin China' has any connection to vBS? There is nothing of the sort mentioned. There are a couple of things that are, so I have bolded them and made them Red for you to make it easier to follow.
            We are pleased to announce that Nathanael Lee and Yoching Chaing are both going to be heading up support for existing vBulletin China customers.

vBulletin China will not be conducting new sales at this stage, and it will still be providing support for vbulletin customers who gained licence in China. If you wish to purchase a new instance of vBulletin and you are from China, you are welcome to purchase vBulletin here and receive support through our normal channels.
            The support provided by Nathanael and Yoching will be for customers that purchased a license through the vbulletin-china website or vbulletin.com and are seeking support in Chinese. We are happy to have them on board to answer your support questions.
            Please visit http://forum.vbulletin-china.cn/ for Chinese support.

Thanks.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

They are one company not two seperate companies.
              Wrong. They ARE two TOTALLY separate companies.
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• hecman
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ace
                How does that (below) 'indicate that vBulletin China' has any connection to vBS? There is nothing of the sort mentioned. There are a couple of things that are, so I have bolded them and made them Red for you to make it easier to follow.

Thanks for marking those sentences bolded.

"vBulletin China will not be conducting new sales at this stage"

However, above sentence does not mean they are not the same company. This only means they use one billing system but have different language support branches.

When we purchase vb from vbulletin.com, we can select we want Chinese support or English support. In addition, we do not need to pay anything to vulletin China. Why? Doesn't this mean anything?

In addition, if you can read Chinese, you should know vbulletin China belongs to vbulletin.com.
                Last edited by hecman; Wed 16 Jun '10, 11:26am.

Comment

• Ace
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Please provide a link to an Official source that states that they are the same company. Either that, or something that says that they are both owned by the same company. Chinese would be fine, google translate works.

For as long as I have been aware, they are totally separate and the pricing structures are totally different.

Comment

• hecman
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Ace
                    Please provide a link to an Official source that states that they are the same company. Either that, or something that says that they are both owned by the same company. Chinese would be fine, google translate works.

For as long as I have been aware, they are totally separate and the pricing structures are totally different.
                    Here is the soucre

Here is another announcement related to Chinese version

From what I know, vbulletin china was belong to other China company and had different pricing structure in the past.
                    But now, this company did not exist anymore. The vbulletin china belongs to vbulletin.com and the only way we can purchase vbulletin is from vbulletin.com official site.

I know many Chinese users they want to buy vb. But under this situation, nobody want to risk their money.

I think they should both answer the questions here to let us know what is really going on and when the Chinese version will be available? I think this also the questions many Chinese users want to know.

Comment

• IB Adrian
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 3.6.x

Can you answer the following questions for me?

1. What's the role and priority of China vbulletin team?

2. According to the announcement from vbulletin China, they will provide Chinese version? This answer is provided by "ADRIAN".

3. The information we receieved from vBulletin China team is that they have Chinese version ready for users. Who is lying!! What's the problem?

4. The announcment here indcated the vbulletin china is part of your branches. Doesn't your company have any control? The problem between vbulletin.com and vbulletin-china.com should not affect us!!

5. Since vbulletin China is part of your branches, your company also has the responsibility to answers we received from vbulletin China. Some of users who purchased vbulletin were told by vbulletin China that they will be able to downland Chinese version soon. Several months passed, we did not see anything. Shouldn't your company need to take responsibility for it?

We all know the Chinese version vbulletin 4 is ready for a while. We are just users. Please solve your own problem and give us Chinese version ASAP.

Thanks
                      I will try my best to answer your question.
                      1. The team at vbulletin china are there to respond to support questions that users may have about utilizing the existing version of vbulletin that customers may have purchased through vbulletin china.
                      2. We have provided a Chinese version for you to download of the 3.X series product, which you have purchased. I grown to learn that the vbulletin Chinese licensing system was unique, and while we have no obligation to provide you with a Chinese version of the 4.X series product, we hope to do so in the near future for existing license holders as a good will gesture, given the way in which the Chinese licenses were structured
                      3. The Chinese team have a version available, done by yo-ching and Kevin, and they have done a wonderful job of putting it together - however we have been resource constrained in terms of making it available to vbulletin-china customers (it is dependent on our vbulletin team to make it available to you)
                      4. vbulletin-china.com was a seperate entity. When it was dissolved, the site was shut down, the site was re-opened and support has been provided to you by the vbulletin team as an act of faith, given the previous dissolved entity.
                      5. As I mentioned earlier, I understand you can download the version that you purchased in Chinese.

Adrian
                      Adrian

Comment

• chenf
                        • May 2003

I just hope there is a vB4 Chinese version coming ASAP!

I thought vB supports UTF-8. A Chinese version shouldn't be too hard with some translations. In fact, I remembered in the old days when there was only English and or Germany versions, any user can translate vB by himself (Though I am not 100% sure it was vB or UBB). Though it took one or two day to translate the whole thing, at least we can upgrade to a new version without waiting for months.

It's frustrating to wait for a new product. I can totally understand it takes time to develop a solid upgrade, but it's even more frustrating when you see other users have been enjoying the new product for months.

Just my 2 cents!

Comment

• Mike Anime
                          • Oct 2004
                          • 3.7.x

imho you guys need to fix it so chinese customers get the same support the rest of the vb customers do!

you really need to get on the ball here on this issue.

many customers from china get redirected to the china site to purchase or download the software but once there nothing happens.

seams kinda prejudice to me.

Comment

• IB Adrian
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.6.x

Mike - the company that sold those instances of vBulletin does not exist any more.
                            We are attempting to provide support to these customers to rectify their concerns.
                            vBulletin4 was not part of vbulletin-china's purchase agreement - despite people requesting it.

Best,
                            Adrian
                            Adrian

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                              • Sep 2001

vBulletin4 was not part of vbulletin-china's purchase agreement - despite people requesting it.
                              I guess that is a business decision up to you guys but why can't you offer the vb china customers the same upgrade promo you offered the rest of us? With everything on your plates already, why not extend the licensing deal with the vb china guys for the vb4 series and be done with that headache?
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment