X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pirotess
    • Dec 2001
    • 4.1.x

Newsreader Access?

I'm currently using a Webboard 4.2 conferencing system and one of the most used features by my users and myself is the ability to read and post to the board via a newsreader. Most of my users use this feature since their companies block the web addresses of many sites that arent business related. While I know vbulletin is primarily a web solution are there any plans in the near future to support this type of feature? There are a ton of great features that your software provides that I would love to be able to provide to my web based users but I cant see myself changing solutions to add new features for them only to cut out a sizable portion of my news userbase from being able to participate. Thanks for your response.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Unfortunately we don't provide newsreader access at this time. Unlike WebBoard which uses a server level application for some features, vBulletin is completely script based and uses the widely available PHP and MySQL servers to provide the muscle to run the application.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...