Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intelgio
    • Jan 2009

Promoting Blogs and Forum Content to Home Page

Before I purchase this version of software, are you able to promote Blogs and Forum Content to the Home Page - like a featured blog or forum post?

The idea is that if I were to allow members to write blogs or if administrator found a cool forum post, they would be able to get it to appear on the sites from page...

Thanks!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You may promote them to articles and put them in the Section on your home page. If you order that section by Newest First, then it should show the latest articles.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• socceronly
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

But promoting a blog to an article to it appears on the home page does not connect it to the blog....

How do you get blogs onto the front page? Without turning the front page into the blog. Most recent entries, blogs, or articles all on the front page....
      Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by socceronly
        But promoting a blog to an article to it appears on the home page does not connect it to the blog....

How do you get blogs onto the front page? Without turning the front page into the blog. Most recent entries, blogs, or articles all on the front page....
        Sorry, but we don't provide support in the pre-sales forum. If you have a question, please post in the appropriate forum.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• socceronly
          • Nov 2009
          • 3.8.x

Sorry, I wasn't exactly asking a question, just trying to clarify his badly...

What I mean is, he may end up stuck like me where the blogs are off in la la land separated from the content.

There is no way to put the blog posts previes, article menus, widgets together on the front page of the site. It's one or the other and it's profoundly frustrating.

(also when using the What's New feature I hardly even think about forums anymore)
          Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

There are forum blocks to put blog entries on the forum.php page. And, there are php blocks where you can just code a block yourself to put whatever blog content you want on that page.

Comment