• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bahbah
    • Dec 2001
    • 3.8.x

vB / hosts / conversion

Hello,

I am considering a move from UBB to vB and I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions I have :

1) I have read on a couple of forums elsewhere that vB has problems working on Hosting4less servers especially the newer versions. Is this true ? and does anyone use hosting4less hosting and run a vB that can testify to that ?

(they do have the latest MySQL and PHP versions)

2) Do you have a conversion utility for UBB6.05 > vB

Thanks
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

1. I haven't heard of any issues with this, and in theory there shouldn't be. Though I can't confirm this at all.

2. Yes we have an importer for UBB 6.0x and 5.x

Comment

• TJF
      • Jun 2001

If you have a vB with 30-40 people online at a time, it won't work on a shared Hosting4Less server. My boards were turned off within 15 minutes after they were set up due to high cpu usage. I would e-mail them and ask how many connections one of their shared servers would hold.

Comment

• bahbah
        • Dec 2001
        • 3.8.x

due to high cpu usage
        Argh !! That's all I wanted to hear

I will email them re: the amount of simultaneous connections, but as far as the connections is concerned that problem should be concurrent with all parts of a website and not just a vb shouldn't it ?

Re: CPU usage I was under the impression that vb was less harsh on CPU usage than UBB. Is this not true ?

Thanks for your replies

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...