X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
    You may not run torrent sites with vBulletin. Quote from the License Agreement:
    They probably use the old license agreement which allowed this iirc. vB are cracking down on torrent sites more nowadays.
    Please stop posting nonsense.

A Torrent site is a search engine. A search engine is not responsible for content you find using it, provided they do not filter it or make it easier or highlight certain content which is illegal.

@Ace: I would suggest you stop this personal attack against me. If you hate my posts, ignore them. Is that hard to do???
    It's not a matter of "hate". It's a matter of disinformation and you choosing to post "advice" to people that is incorrect.

Working hard on ban #2?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by feldon23
      It's a matter of disinformation and you choosing to post "advice" to people that is incorrect.
      I do not post any incorrect advice. You perceive it that way. I love how everyone attacks me for even the most valid points I made.

Working hard on ban #2?
      Why would I want banned again?? Just so you can laugh and continue to tell people I'm a complete prat?? FYI, I've helped out several sites running vB and they've been happy with what I've done
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I do not post any incorrect advice. You perceive it that way. I love how everyone attacks me for even the most valid points I made.
        Yes you did, you told him running a torrent site is illegal, which it is not.

There are many legal torrent sites that share legal software, data, etc via torrent. Lots of major companys that push large amounts of data also use torrents, Blizzard is one example. Both SC2 and WoW updaters use torrent tech to transfer the data.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

I do not post any incorrect advice.
          You posted information that was incorrect not only on a legal basis (Torrent is just a protocol, and has legal uses), but with regards to vBulletin "cracking down on torrent sites". Can you please provide evidence that vBulletin has ever done this?

You perceive it that way.
          This is not high school. It's not about who has a crush on whom. This is potential customers asking whether this software is viable for their needs. They need factual information -- not a guess. Do you really think that we are just "picking on you" or that no matter what actions you take, we will always come up with reasons to challenge you? You are responsible for your actions, just as we are responsible for ours.

I love how everyone attacks me for even the most valid points I made.
          It's not an attack. It's correcting points you are making which are not based in reality.

Comment

• hellboy1234
            • May 2010

how do i put a chat box in forum.do i have buy that chat box too..?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

A chat box is not a default feature, you can possibly find addons at vBulletin.org

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by hellboy1234
                how do i put a chat box in forum.do i have buy that chat box too..?
                A chat box like IRC? Or something like a Shoutbox panel?

Both are free plugins at vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...