X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellboy1234
    • May 2010

Need Full Information

hi,

I want to create a torrent based forum for which i need forum software and a Private Tracker. So please tell me i have choose vbulletin Publishing suite. Now i want to ask whether branding installation or professional is compulsory or not.

Now i need to know who sells servers that are require for hosting my forum,domain registration, tracker vendor's..if any thing which i have not written but its essential to run a private tracker based forum please let me know.

I hope sales staff will definitely do the needful to me.

Regards
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

You may not run torrent sites with vBulletin. Quote from the License Agreement:
    You may not use the Software to engage in or allow others to engage in any illegal activity. You may not use the Software to engage in any activity that will violate the rights of third parties, including, without limitation, through the use, public display, public performance, reproduction, distribution, or modification of communications or materials that infringe copyrights, trademarks, publicity rights, privacy rights, other proprietary rights, or rights against defamation of third parties.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• hellboy1234
      • May 2010

there are so many forums those are using vbuletin software to run torrent site...i.e:- www.mastitorrents.com
      den how dey manage to do?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

Removed. I can't take any more of your attacks Ace!!
        Last edited by Homeworld'sa; Mon 31 May '10, 12:03pm.
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
          They probably use the old license agreement which allowed this iirc. vB are cracking down on torrent sites more nowadays.
          Source? Links? Something to back up your wild claim?
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• hellboy1234
            • May 2010

can i hav dat old one....or any other option...?

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

I'd wait till he backs up his claim. AFAIK there is nothing in the EULA about torrent sites.

What he has quoted you appears to be the same clause I have seen since I have owned vB.
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• hellboy1234
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Ace
                I'd wait till he backs up his claim. AFAIK there is nothing in the EULA about torrent sites.

What he has quoted you appears to be the same clause I have seen since I have owned vB.
                leave him bro..pls answer my above questions..thanx in advance..

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hellboy1234
                  leave him bro
                  @Ace: I would suggest you stop this personal attack against me. If you hate my posts, ignore them. Is that hard to do???

Comment

• Brandon_R
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Owning a torrent site isn't illegal. It's only illegal if you have copyrighted material and are redistributing it.

For example:

If you make images from scratch and want to redistribute it as torrents, you can create a torrent site for it.

Comment

• hellboy1234
                      • May 2010

dats fine so pls any one can give answers to my 1st post....

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

You can run a torrent based site if you so wish. Be aware that the content of your torrents could possibly land you in trouble legally, but that is not for any of us to decide.

The only thing required to run the software is a license, be it the Publishing Suite, or Forum license. If you want a branding free license, or a professional install you can purchase those now or later, or never if you so choose.

We do not provide any hosting services, domain registration, or tracker software, best of luck to you.

Comment

• Ace
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 4.2.X

@Ace: I would suggest you stop this personal attack against me. If you hate my posts, ignore them. Is that hard to do???
                          I suggest you stop spreading incorrect information. Is not posting if you don't know, rather than making stuff up and posting it as fact, so hard to do?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

I'm not going to bother. Nobody else does what you are doing. You can get away with it at vBSEO.com since you're the admin there. You can't get away with it here though.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not going to bother. Nobody else does what you are doing. You can get away with it at vBSEO.com since you're the admin there. You can't get away with it here though.
                              I have no clue what you're going on about, but if there is an argument please take it to a private disussion.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...