Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leedemo
    • May 2010

Same Domain but multiple installations?

I have a pre-sale question about the VB Licence on same domain but multiple installations.
    I would like to create Country folders on the same domain but have seperate forums within?

For example www.newcarsforums.com/uk/ and www.newcarsforums.com/usa/ and many more countries..

They will all be on the same domain but in each of these folders (eg. /uk/) will have a completely separate content i.e. different cars available in UK then in USA etc.

My thinking is that when new visitors access the hompage www.newcarsforums.com they would select their Country Flag and then be taken to their unique country forum. USA members won't be able to login to the UK forum (no need to) and vice verca.

My question is: Will I need a seperate Licence for each installation (/country/ folder) even though its on the same domain?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by leedemo
    My question is: Will I need a seperate Licence for each installation (/country/ folder) even though its on the same domain?
    Yes,you will need a separate licence for each installation.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Lewisno7
      • May 2009

Don't listen to him, all you have to do is make a new mySQL database, and do the same for the /uk for the other forums.

Comment

• GameFreak2009
        • Sep 2009

Don't listen to him, all you have to do is make a new mySQL database, and do the same for the /uk for the other forums.
        Yes, listen to him, he is right, if that's what you're doing, I suggest you read the rules...

Comment

• leedemo
          • May 2010

..So basically its possible to use another MSQ database but this would be against the licence terms?

I was planning on having about 10 Countries so guess this would be expensive but I don't wanna break the rules. Also if one of my countries is gonna be Spainish (www.newcarsforums.com/es/) is there a language pack or something that I can install? I have never worked with Vbulletin before?

Does anyone have any advice on having different language versions on their forum??

Comment

• ChopSuey
            • Apr 2009

OR You can try the vBEnterprise Translator

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

to use a SINGLE licence/install just use a CATAGORY for the country

Comment

• kmohamed
                • Nov 2007

first of all stop given him wrong information you simply can't install
                but, what you can do is create different forums with different sub-forums and different user group
                UK and US can be the main forums that has branches
                e.g UK
                ---- SALES
                ---- BUY
                ---- etc
                e.g US
                ---- SALES
                ---- BUY
                ---- etc
                not necessary, but possible
                • create different user-group to organize your member
                • create different styles for each forum
                • specify the language for each forum

if i were you i would use one forum. is easy to navigate, to organize, and mange

----
                P.S if you are only worrying about the look of the URL you can always play with .htaccess file
                love is like a war; easy to begin, hard to end, and impossible to forget

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

If you are using one installation of the files, you will need one license.

If you need to have the files installed in more than one place, you will need a license for each installation.

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, vBulletin Solutions grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software on a single website server ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software on one domain. Any modification of the Software intended to circumvent the foregoing is prohibited and will result in revocation of the License.
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• paulnicholson
                    • Mar 2010

I'm so surprised that State/Country selection is not the main first page of all vb installations. Are most members running only local businesses? Surely you know that the internet allows you all to sell to the whole world. Is this really the only discussion about this? I've searched a lot to dig out this information. The forums should surely be country, state and language specific. I mean, what are most members using their forums for? Discussing the local chess club? This is the internet, this is the world.

If anyone can help the thousands of members who want to set up international businesses using this software by giving us instructions about how to arrange / organise vb suites to allow for division by country, state and language, please do. My website is useless without location specific Articles/threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...