Wonder if this option is availible before switching to vBulletin.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Intriago
    • May 2010
    • 3.8.x

Wonder if this option is availible before switching to vBulletin.

I am using SMF right now not impressed. i want to switch to vBulletin, but i am looking for a specific option. To be honest im not sure its even possible.

What i would like thou is to be able to set a section where general members can start topics, see all topics and post replys in the topics. But i dont want them to be able to read any of the posts inside the topics. I just want the Mods to be able to read the posts.

What i am doing is running a sim hockey league, and i want this for doing Free Agent signings. I want 1 out of 30 members to start a topic for a player like Sidney Crosby for example. Then he or she can post what kinda contract offer they want to make to him. While other members will be able to come along go into the Sidney Crosby Topic and post their own offer. While not being able to read any previous posts by other members. So as to keep all offers only visible to the Moderators.

is this possible with vBulletin?
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Yep, this is available by forum permissions
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
      Yep, this is available by forum permissions
      How?

Step-by-step instructions, because in my 6+ years experience, this is not possible by default. You can either allow people to see other's threads (or not), and see other's posts (or not), there's no way whatseoever that any given member could start a thread, others could see it and post to it, and only see their own posts and the first one.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Mr Intriago
        • May 2010
        • 3.8.x

Yeah what Ace said i would just like members to be able to post to topics but not see any other posts in said topic. unless you are a mod or admin or even just admin.

Comment

• Oasismad
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mr Intriago
          Yeah what Ace said i would just like members to be able to post to topics but not see any other posts in said topic. unless you are a mod or admin or even just admin.
          Isnt that what email is for - i doubt that members will stay around you're forum for long.

Comment

• Mr Intriago
            • May 2010
            • 3.8.x

no it is a request by existing members right now. Its basicly for a closed bidding type forum section. where members can post bids on players without other members seeing their bids and out bididng them. Then the admin can go in and see all the bids and pick which team the player signs with.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...