• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadandy
    • May 2010
    • 4.2.X

Lost license

Hello,

I recently took over operation of a forum running 3.7.2. The original person who installed it has disappeared and I have no means of recovering or discovering the license information (I'm assuming). It's become abundantly clear that I should buy a license, not least because I would like to apply the latest security patches and get a couple nagging technical issues solved.

Question: If I buy a full license, will I have access to "upgrade" files to take me to 3.8.5, or am I forced to initiate a full installation to v4?
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

You will get access to vBulletin 2, 3 and 4 by buying a license.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
      You will get access to vBulletin 2, 3 and 4 by buying a license.

if you get the suite you get lifetime support included even if you dont need blogs or a cms its still cheaper than a vb4 forum classic licence + support fees

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Make sure when you purchase the license that you uplod your license's files over the ones currently on the server.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
          • May 2002
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by deadandy
          Hello,

I recently took over operation of a forum running 3.7.2. The original person who installed it has disappeared and I have no means of recovering or discovering the license information (I'm assuming). It's become abundantly clear that I should buy a license, not least because I would like to apply the latest security patches and get a couple nagging technical issues solved.

Question: If I buy a full license, will I have access to "upgrade" files to take me to 3.8.5, or am I forced to initiate a full installation to v4?
          To answer your question, all versions of vBulletin contain upgrade files and vB4 can essentially upgrade directly from 3.7.2. You should be fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...