• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsfi
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by GT500
    As am I.

Also note that page loading time and page rendering time are different things, and while rendering is effected by loading time, it is not as big of a factor when on a reliable broadband connection and loading all images from the cache. Loading images from the cache takes most of the page loading time out of the equation, and you can see the generation time more clearly. It's not perfect, but since neither vBulletin nor phpBB has a thing to show the amount of time it takes to generate the page, then it's the best I have short of recording the server load monitor to see how long it is processing it.
    Doesn't vBulletin have debug mode that shows how long the page took to load/generated etc?

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sportsfi
      Doesn't vBulletin have debug mode that shows how long the page took to load/generated etc?
      He is talking about the time it takes the browser to actually display the page once downloaded. Not the time it takes php/apache and mysql to generate the page source.

Comment

• sportsfi
        • Oct 2008
        • 3.8.x

Oh okay Zach my mistake I was reading through this thread via my phone on my way home from work so just quick glanced it. My mistake everyone I apologize.

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

If you want a benchmark of a tremendously slow browser page load, due to horribly inefficient javascript, try:

It's not a malicious site at all, it's a game site for an MMO. But clearly, the platform devs on that website have no idea how to optimize Javascript.

On my Core 2 Duo it takes 5 seconds for the scroll bar to become workable after the page is mostly loaded.

Comment

• GT500
            • May 2010
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
            He is talking about the time it takes the browser to actually display the page once downloaded. Not the time it takes php/apache and mysql to generate the page source.
            No I'm not. You still don't get it, do you? Oh well...

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GT500
              No I'm not. You still don't get it, do you? Oh well...
              Okay, then what are you talking about? I know for a fact the average vBulletin page generates from php and mysql in about .1-.01 seconds. Where is your benchmark on phpbb?

Comment

• GT500
                • May 2010
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                Okay, then what are you talking about? I know for a fact the average vBulletin page generates from php and mysql in about .1-.01 seconds. Where is your benchmark on phpbb?
                I made a video. Watch it in HD.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

So where is the actual php generation stats? The video is nice and all. But I'd like to see some numbers

Edit: You know, its fine, you win. I don't really want to argue about this anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...