Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scurmicurv
    • May 2010

Language for dummies

So, I'm on the verge of investing in vb4, just as soon as I can confirm that I'll be able to run a Swedish version of it. I've been looking around and found what appears to be complete language packs here on the forum, but in all honesty I don't really understand how to implement them. So, as the title suggest, I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me to a tutorial of how to implement downloaded add-ons and modifications, something along the lines of the description of the installation!
    Sorry for the newbie question and thanks in advance.
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

A language pack is an XML file that you upload which translates all of the text vBulletin displayed throughout the forum and admin control panel.

Some translations are 100% complete. Some focus on the front-end and don't translate the entire AdminCP, leaving most of it in English.

vBulletin has been fully compatible with European, RTL, etc. languages by uploading an XML file since version 3.0 years ago.

The only thing I will say is that the only officially supported languages are English, German, and Chinese. All other languages have been contributed to the community by other dedicated vBulletin users who have done the translation work. Many of these translations are of a very high quality. Just read the comments and see what people have to say about any language pack before making your decision. There are thousands of vBulletin forums running using these user-contributed packs with no issues.

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

Hi.
      Originally posted by Scurmicurv
      So, I'm on the verge of investing in vb4, just as soon as I can confirm that I'll be able to run a Swedish version of it. I've been looking around and found what appears to be complete language packs here on the forum, but in all honesty I don't really understand how to implement them. So, as the title suggest, I'd be very grateful if anyone could point me to a tutorial of how to implement downloaded add-ons and modifications, something along the lines of the description of the installation!
      Sorry for the newbie question and thanks in advance.
      Installing a language file is not difficult. The Swedish language pack (that I have done) is almost complete except the help texts in the admin CP, but everything else in the admin CP is pretty much translated.

I can recommend you to look at this group: vB-admins Sweden
      There you can get some help in Swedish as well.

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...