• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bommando
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.7.x

Repeat Installation Trials

Hello,

I checked the FAQ and am aware that you don't have "trial" licenses as such. The reason stated is that the source is provided with the installation.

I thought there might be exceptions in special circumstances, so it's worth asking:

If I already own a vBulletin license, am I able to test an installation on a different domain if it's entirely private? The main reason for this is that I'll be porting an existing infrastructure to vBulletin and need to experiment with some plugins and styling to ensure vBulletin is a good fit for the project before committing to a purchase.

The installation would be on a different test domain, but would be locked out to the public. Files from the existing license would be used in the installation and if successfully tested, a full license would be purchased for the project.

Please let me know of any possible solutions.

Many thanks.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You're allowed to have a development installation (its in the license agreement btw)

Comment

• Bommando
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      You're allowed to have a development installation (its in the license agreement btw)
      Ah, excellent. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...