Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucius Vorenus
    • Apr 2010

About to pull the trigger and move over from PhPBB....questions

1. What will I lose? We have a community of about 150,000 posts right now and 2800 registrations. PhpBB 2.0.1 I believe. It's not the new one.

2. I have very limited knowledge on installation etc, I had someone else do the install of former community and was curious if its pretty much plug n' play or if I should consider hiring someone to do it.

3. Is there an option to share posts on FB in the new vBulletin software? That would be HUGE!

Thanks in advance gang. If anyone can direct me to someone who is known for doing good transfers over from phPBB please message me. I think we might choose to go that direction as we are stretched pretty thin right now.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

If you're still looking for someone to help import from phpbb to vbulletin, shoot me a pm.
    you can find some good documentation here
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Lucius Vorenus
      1. What will I lose? We have a community of about 150,000 posts right now and 2800 registrations. PhpBB 2.0.1 I believe. It's not the new one.

2. I have very limited knowledge on installation etc, I had someone else do the install of former community and was curious if its pretty much plug n' play or if I should consider hiring someone to do it.

3. Is there an option to share posts on FB in the new vBulletin software? That would be HUGE!

Thanks in advance gang. If anyone can direct me to someone who is known for doing good transfers over from phPBB please message me. I think we might choose to go that direction as we are stretched pretty thin right now.
      Converting to vB is pretty easy. ALl you have to do is follow the instructions at the online manual about converting and you should be all set.

A bit off topic, but you are on a very old and extremly unsafe version of phpBB. If I were you I would convert as soon as possible.

Comment

• Lucius Vorenus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Loco.M
        If you're still looking for someone to help import from phpbb to vbulletin, shoot me a pm.
        you can find some good documentation here
        http://vbulletin.com/docs/
        Thanks. It does not appear that I can private message? I tried to get phone support from vbulletin but they said it was too early and to call back.

Loco- maybe you can message me or shoot me your email.

Comment

• rosiejons5
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by borbole
          Converting to vB is pretty easy. ALl you have to do is follow the instructions at the online manual about converting and you should be all set.
          I am another user wanting to convert from PHPBB to VB. I am relieved to know that it is possible to do. Thanks a lot.

Rosie Jonesronald Cruzag
          Last edited by rosiejons5; Sun 3 Oct '10, 4:09am.

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

It does not appear that I can private message?
            Here on vB.com you maybe do not have the permission to send private messages because you are a new member.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Lucius Vorenus
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by beishe8
              Here on vB.com you maybe do not have the permission to send private messages because you are a new member.

LOL...which would defeat the purpose of me coming here to see if I want to purchase this product!

Comment

• hitmancode47
                • Jul 2008
                • 3.8.x

Actually, I think he cannot PM unless he is a licensed customer? I may be wrong on that
                Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

LOL...which would defeat the purpose of me coming here to see if I want to purchase this product!
                  You don't really need to send personal messages to decide to buy or not to buy vB.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Yes, hitman is right. Nobody can PM here unless they are staff or licensed.
                    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Shamil.
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
                      Yes, hitman is right. Nobody can PM here unless they are staff or licensed.
                      Only licensed members and staff can use the Private Messaging feature.

To clear the ambiguosity.
                      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                      vBulletin Hosting and Services
                      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...