• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hyperzahranism
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.5.x

Few questions before purchasing Publishing Suite

Hi everyone

Actually what makes me think about vBulletin publishing suite apart from the tremendous forums is the easy managed, overwhelming blog system BUT I have few questions I would like to know them first before buying that suite

I'd like to show my blogs as subdomains rather than directories, is there any option to set that up at the begging of the installation !?

Is there any way to limit blogging !? I mean to switch off blogging or assign that supermoderators or moderators only !?

if I purchased a publishing suite, can I use it more than once !? I'd like to change an old wpmu platform to vbulletin, is that acceptable or I have to purchase another suite !?

I assume you have an Arabic language pack but I would like to show the suite in arabic version (right sided left ) and to keep the admin panel in english version !? is that possible !?

I know these questions might seem stupid or naive but it's important to me to start an outstanding website with the publishing suite
  • Lairston
    • Feb 2010
    • 4.0.x

1. Its not possible at the moment to separate the cms, forums and blogs into their own directories. They are working on it as it is requested.

2. Yes you can turn off the blogs. I have only had the license a few days so I'm not sure about assigning blogging only to a moderators...

3. You would have to buy another license

4. I have no idea about Arabic language packs.
    Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
    RPG Tools

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lairston
      1. Its not possible at the moment to separate the cms, forums and blogs into their own directories. They are working on it as it is requested.

2. Yes you can turn off the blogs. I have only had the license a few days so I'm not sure about assigning blogging only to a moderators...

thats all correct and yes you can limit what usergroup can post to the blogs.

as to 3 you only need the suite if you need blogs and the cms for that aswell otherwise the forum classic will work out for that one

Comment

• Hyperzahranism
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Lairston

@Lairston

Thank you for your answers

Comment

• Hyperzahranism
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime
          thats all correct and yes you can limit what usergroup can post to the blogs.

as to 3 you only need the suite if you need blogs and the cms for that aswell otherwise the forum classic will work out for that one
          that's good, so I can install the forums as many as I want

Ok, You lead me to another question

Can members join single blog as authors or writers to that blog !? or I should assign them !? is there any request button to join authors on that blog !?

and what about the Arabic xml pack !?

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hyperzahranism
            if I purchased a publishing suite, can I use it more than once !? I'd like to change an old wpmu platform to vbulletin, is that acceptable or I have to purchase another suite !?
            Originally posted by Hyperzahranism
            that's good, so I can install the forums as many as I want
            One licence > one forum
            Subforums in a forum > as many as you want.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...