Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monster
    • Dec 2001

Ikonboard3>Vbulletin

Is there one available which i can use? When will there be on aailable? I need if if i am going to buy vB
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Currently there is no IB3 importer. There is one for v2.18 under development but I have no ETA on that. Once IB3 is out of beta I'm sure we will look at writing an importer for it.

Comment

• Monster
      • Dec 2001

IB3 is out of beta and the database format is close to frozen, its in RC and the final reease of iB will probably be around christmas.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

By beta I meant pre-final, whether it's called an RC or a beta.

Comment

• IanW
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
          Currently there is no IB3 importer. There is one for v2.18 under development but I have no ETA on that. Once IB3 is out of beta I'm sure we will look at writing an importer for it.
          This IB2.x convertor has been in development for months now. I even did a search for older threads to see what the status of the convertor was and it was apparently almost complete back in August. It's really frustrating having to wait all this time. I've wanted a vB for a while now, just bought one today actually, but can't use it until this convertor has been done.

One question. I run an IB2.1.9 board, will this convertor you guys are developing for 2.1.8 work on my board as well?

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

The importer under development will work with up to v2.1.8 as apparently the structure of the database changed in v2.1.9.

Comment

• IanW
              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
              The importer under development will work with up to v2.1.8 as apparently the structure of the database changed in v2.1.9.
              Ah well, that's me screwed then.

Comment

• Fusion
                • Aug 2001
                • 3.8.x

You should've thought a bit further ahead before going for the biggest&badest I(c)k-board. Alternatively, ask the Ikonboard-folks for a downgrade to .18. Anyhow, best of luck, IanW.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Monster
                  • Dec 2001

I do not think there actually is a large database difference.

None the less, the Ikonboard 2x series is nothing compared to the Ikonboard 3x series. The majority of users who would come to vBulletin from Ikonboard would come from the more feature-full Ikonboard 3x series, not the old 2x. 3x is a much better system and more widely used. Ikonboard 3x converter should be more of a priority since vB would get more out of it.

Comment

• IanW
                    • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Fusion
                    You should've thought a bit further ahead before going for the biggest&badest I(c)k-board. Alternatively, ask the Ikonboard-folks for a downgrade to .18. Anyhow, best of luck, IanW.
                    2.1.8 didn't work for me when I upgraded from 2.1.7, so I moved on to 2.1.9. I think i'll just do it the hard way and convert my board to a phpBB then use the phpBB -> vBulletin convertor.

With other 1500 members and 80,000+ posts, it's gonna be very long-winded, but it looks like my only real alternative at the moment.

Comment

• IanW
                      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Monster
                      I do not think there actually is a large database difference.

None the less, the Ikonboard 2x series is nothing compared to the Ikonboard 3x series. The majority of users who would come to vBulletin from Ikonboard would come from the more feature-full Ikonboard 3x series, not the old 2x. 3x is a much better system and more widely used. Ikonboard 3x converter should be more of a priority since vB would get more out of it.
                      Hmmm, well I had upgraded to IB3 a few months ago, but the thing is sucks up so much CPU resources on the server that I had to switch back to IB2.1.9. I think you'll find that a lot of people are sticking with IB2.x for that reason. There is still some development being done on IB2.x as well, IB2.2 is in it's RC stages right now.

Comment

• Monster
                        • Dec 2001

IB 2.2 development is close to dead behind the scenes. It may seem like a lot is going on, but its not. I am not sure on the current stages but a few weeks ago it wa going down hill. IB2 is not being developed officially by Ikonboard, but by Ikonboard volunteers.

IB3 is officially being developed my 100% dedicated people.

The newer versions of IB3 are usng less system resources especially since the introduction of mysql

Comment

• IanW
                          • Dec 2001

Hey, scroll down to the bottom of this thread:

It's only a minor difference between the two databse structures. I'm sure you guys could adapt this fix and release both a 2.1.8 and 2.1.9 conversion script, right?

Comment

• tubedogg
                            • Feb 2001

I'd just like to point out that there is currently an Ikonboard -> phpBB import script (not from us), and an 'unofficial' phpBB -> vBulletin import script. So it might be slightly convoluted but you *can* get here from there.

Comment

• Monster
                              • Dec 2001

As I have said many times before there is no Ikonboard3 converter! Ikonboard3 users would be more attracted to vB then Ikonboard2 users would be!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...