vBulletin and Sharepoint Integration/Bridge?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spar82
    • Apr 2010

vBulletin and Sharepoint Integration/Bridge?

Hello,

I'm an IT manager for a Fortune 100 company supporting executives. Our enterprise collaboration is sharepoint (MOSS 2007) and so far the group of executives has been very unhappy with the OOTB Sharepoint discussion board.

I'm interested to know if there are bridges or integration available between vBulletin and Sharepoint. So far our engagement with Microsoft Consulting Services has been fruitless and I've discontinued the engagement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Funny you bring this up, we just had a short thread about Sharepoint.

To date, I've never seen the two integrated or mated to work hand-in-hand. I'm not surprised Microsoft Consulting didn't really want to help bring a 3rd party app into their environment, lol. We do use Sharepoint in our corporate IT enterprise, but most of the users have been satisfied with the basic functionality.

Since Sharepoint is served up by MSSQL, I can already tell you that making vBulletin work [with MSSQL] would be a true reinvention of the wheel. There was also a discussion thread around here somewhere about converting vBulletin for MSSQL - if that ever came to fruition; then i could possibly see some type of interface written that would work.

In the end, the basic answer to your question: I don't think linking the two software apps has been done before and I don't believe there is currently a publicly available solution to do so.
    Last edited by ENF; Thu 8 Apr '10, 11:44pm. Reason: English Failure.
    To be updated...

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Depending on what you want to intergrate it might be possible, but its not going to be part of the stock code and its n ot something we can provide support for.
      vBulletin is PHP and MySQL so as ENF said you can't really directly query either one for any information easily by defualt.

Comment

• iinvest
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Zachery
        Depending on what you want to intergrate it might be possible, but its not going to be part of the stock code and its not something we can provide support for.
        vBulletin is PHP and MySQL so as ENF said you can't really directly query either one for any information easily by default.
        We could also be interested in an vBulletin and Sharepoint Integration.

I represent a Danish company and I am convinced there is currently a great need for such an integration. The forum included in Sharepoint is inferior and does not compare to your product.

How much would an integration cost including single sign-on in Sharepoint and how long would it take?
        There is no point in prompting the users twice, if they have already logged on in Sharepoint.

The need for corporate forums are growing, because of the need to move information from e-mail based user-to-user interaction to corporate based decisions based upon the sum of intellectual capital present. Additionally this information needs to be shared with all members of the organization.

The main question is whether your organization want to seize this opportunity or wait until the giant Microsoft wakes up just like it did in respect to the Internet...

Comment

• reddyink
          • Aug 2007
          • 4.1.x

I am also looking for this integration of Sharepoint and VB login credentials. Why can VB have a plug-in like facebook connect? (sharepoint connect?)

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

There is nothing stoping anyone from developing a sharepoint auth, or any other auth, its just not supported by default.

Comment

• reddyink
              • Aug 2007
              • 4.1.x

There is a bridge developed between php and sharepoint, Joomla and sharepoint. Looking for someone who can bridge to vbulletin. Will pay for services.

Comment

• dsouza24m
                • Jun 2011

Well! I strongly feel that there would be some way to integrate between vBulletin and Sharepoint. I will recommend to go for a Sharepoint Development service provider.

Comment

• feldon23
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.7.x

I strongly feel that there should be some way to integrate vBulletin and other software. I've felt that way for about 10 years now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...