X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoMan
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.8.x

vB Blog?

Is vB Blog 2 for 3.8 still available for purchase?
    Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

No.
    To be updated...

Comment

• MoMan
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.8.x

Is it (going to be) released as a free product then? Or can we consider it gone for good?
      Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by MoMan
        Is it (going to be) released as a free product then? Or can we consider it gone for good?
        Gone for good on 3.8.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• terryfavors
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          Gone for good on 3.8.
          You wold think if someone wanted to purchase it they could. I have it and like it very much!

Comment

• MoMan
            • Oct 2005
            • 3.8.x

This might be something worth opening a ticket for, then. I'd be interested in buying blogs for vB3, but am not interested in vB4 or vB4 suite.
            Adam

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

They've already stated that under no circumstances will they sell the blog for 3.8 to anyone who doesn't already have it.

This is probably because they desperately want to force people onto version 4.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------

Comment

• gmptp
                • Mar 2010

Hi Mark,

does it mean if we purchase 4.0 publishing suite, we get access to download 3.8.5 vblog?
                by purchasing 4.0 publishing suite will it comes with 3.8.5 vblog license?

I think many of us has this question on mind how do we get access to v.3.8.5 vblog add-on, we will not mind paying for the upgrade to 4.0 publishing suite
                to get the blog add-on for 3.8.5 as long this add-on mod is important to us, I guess any amount we will pay also. Please let us know.

*v.3.8.x still has a large crowd of fan and followers we cannot change overnight and "force" everyone to like and go onto v4.0, table of dishes serve people of all types.

Thanks.
                Last edited by gmptp; Thu 1 Apr '10, 1:14am.

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by gmptp
                  Does it mean if we purchase 4.0 publishing suite, we get access to download 3.8.5 vblog?
                  *does it mean 4.0 publishing suite also comes with 3.8.5 vblog license?
                  No,it is not coming with a separate blog licence.
                  Blog is included in the vB4 suite.
                  Usable only with vB4 suite,not with 3.8.5 vB

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Indeed...there is NO WAY to get the blog for 3.8 or below any more. As I said, they want to encourage everyone to move to 4.0.

Which would be fine if it wasn't so badly broken.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• gmptp
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by beishe8
                      No,it is not coming with a separate blog licence.
                      Blog is included in the vB4 suite.
                      Usable only with vB4 suite,not with 3.8.5 vB

I know vB4 suite comes with vB4 blog.... I mean what we want is the v.3.8.5 blog-add-on, are we able to buy vB4 suite and get the access to download v.3.8.5 blog add-on for vB3.8.5?

meaning We buy vB4 suite but will download v3.8.5 + vblog add-on possible?

q1. the puchase of vb4 forum comes with access and license to download old version 3.8.5 forum right?
                      q2. hence purchase of vb4 suite will it comes with access and license to download old version 3.8.5 forum + vblog 2.0.2 add-on?

Comment

• beishe8
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                        Indeed...there is NO WAY to get the blog for 3.8 or below any more.
                        Someone who purchased it years ago can still download it.
                        His licence is for sale.
                        vB + Blog. (Not the Suite's blog!)
                        Bidding starts at $1000.00
                        Make your bids! :-)

(Don't forget that today is the first day of April!)

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

I know vB4 suite comes with vB4 blog.... I mean what we want is the v.3.8.5 blog-add-on, are we able to buy vB4 suite and get the access to download v.3.8.5 blog add-on for vB3.8.5?

meaning We buy vB4 suite but will download v3.8.5 + vblog add-on possible?
                          No.

q1. the puchase of vb4 forum comes with access and license to download old version 3.8.5 forum right?
                          Correct.
                          q2. hence purchase of vb4 suite will it comes with access and license to download old version 3.8.5 forum + vblog 2.0.2 add-on?
                          Incorrect.

Comment

• gmptp
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by beishe8
                            Someone who purchased it years ago can still download it.
                            His licence is for sale.
                            vB + Blog. (Not the Suite's blog!)
                            Bidding starts at $1000.00
                            Make your bids! :-)

(Don't forget that today is the first day of April!)
                            Bro, the above vB+Blog is from previous old license which will expire annually right, does it mean I've to pay for the upgrade again to the no expiration license 4.0?

I already have an existing vb4.0 forum license bought recently, can I transfer the above vB+Blog license and combine to 1x license? meaning I do not need to pay for the no-expiry license when the vB+Blog expired in due time since I've an existing v4forum license. Any idea able to merge license?

Comment

• beishe8
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 4.2.X

Bro, the above vB+Blog is from previous old license which will expire annually right, does it mean I've to pay for the upgrade again to the no expiration license 4.0?
                              Now without the sales joke:
                              The old licence does not expire ever. Annual renewal means that if there was a new version of the Blog such as 2.2.2 I could not download it without a renewal.
                              There is no new version and there is no more renewal available.

Edit:
                              I already have an existing vb4.0 forum license bought recently, can I transfer the above vB+Blog license and combine to 1x license? meaning I do not need to pay for the no-expiry license when the vB+Blog expired in due time since I've an existing v4forum license. Any idea able to merge license?
                              Sorry, I have no idea...
                              Last edited by beishe8; Thu 1 Apr '10, 1:55am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...