Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhinPhan
    • Mar 2010

GoDaddy Hosting

I use the Linux shared GoDaddy hosting and I am really interested in using the vBulletin message boards to replace my existing message board. My question is will this install in the GoDaddy enviorment or is there issues?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by PhinPhan
    I use the Linux shared GoDaddy hosting and I am really interested in using the vBulletin message boards to replace my existing message board. My question is will this install in the GoDaddy enviorment or is there issues?
    Probably but GoDaddy are one of the worst hosts for vBulletin - if it does work it'll be a constant struggle to keep it up and running smoothly.

My advice would be to get another host.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• PhinPhan
      • Mar 2010

What are some recommended hosting services?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

URLJet, ServInt, GlobalGold and StartLogic are some of the popular webhosts for vB.
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• iadmirevb
          • Feb 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by PhinPhan
          All of my domain names are registered and maintained with GoDaddy but, for God's sake, don't' host with GoDaddy... i've been using HostGator for almost 5 years and had only 2 downtime periods of around 10 minutes due to some driver failure. I'm hosting a couple of web pages with HostGator and had no issues. So far , so good...a very happy customer....
          Last edited by iadmirevb; Tue 23 Mar '10, 9:35am.

Comment

• melbo
            • Apr 2005
            • 3.8.x

Real Web Host runs vB4 fine on my VPS.
            Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If you go ultra cheap on your hosting, your board will run ultra cheaply.

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

i reccomend siteground.com and if none of these hosts float your boat do reserch on www.webhostingtalk.com

Comment

• minimock2000
                • Nov 2006
                • 3.6.x

I recomend virtualbinge.net, they have specifically optimized servers for vbulletin accounts, and like mike said webhostingtalk has everyone's opinion on the planet.

Comment

• diesalot
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by iadmirevb
                  All of my domain names are registered and maintained with GoDaddy but, for God's sake, don't' host with GoDaddy... i've been using HostGator for almost 5 years and had only 2 downtime periods of around 10 minutes due to some driver failure. I'm hosting a couple of web pages with HostGator and had no issues. So far , so good...a very happy customer....
                  HostGator are great untill your website goes down. They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data. A friend had a website with them in shared hosting and their site went down and then was told their 50gig of data was to much to backup even though they told them it was being backed up nightly. So to get a option of backups was going to cost an additional $180USD a month.

Comment

• Senkoomtep
                    • Jan 2007

My experience with using Godaddy as a host has been pretty much without any issues. Board installed fine and has been up for many months with barely a blink.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by diesalot
                      HostGator are great untill your website goes down. They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data. A friend had a website with them in shared hosting and their site went down and then was told their 50gig of data was to much to backup even though they told them it was being backed up nightly. So to get a option of backups was going to cost an additional $180USD a month.
                      thats highway robbery.

as a webmaster i do my own backups of my site. i save it to HDD, FD and CD and if i had more space i would put it in my drop box account

Comment

• beishe8
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 4.2.X

They do backups but only on sites with 4gig or less of data.
                        Dunno...Never heard of such thing.
                        Any link?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• darren1981
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 4.0.x

Use hostgator the are cheap and effective.. Godaddy's hosting is rubbish when it comes to complicated scripts.. one would have thought they would have picked up their game my now. Anyways play it safe and go else where.. godaddy = not a good option for VB.

Good Luck

Comment

• iadmirevb
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 3.8.x

sssshhhhh... that's a host company best kept secret. Nobody really backups every single night... trust me, i know.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by iadmirevb
                              sssshhhhh... that's a host company best kept secret. Nobody really backups every single night... trust me, i know.
                              well they do but you pay extra for it.

most do weekley or biweekley backups

well my old host did nightley backups problem was they kept having server issues and even the backups got corrupted. thats why they are my old host. my advice stay away from Optiquest

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...