X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moufas
    • Jan 2010
    • 3.8.x

New license questions

I have in my mind to buy a license for a Vbulletin forum but i don't like to have version 4.x.x becouse there is not many styles yet.
    Can i download the 3.8.x version and upgrade later?

and one more question.

If my forum have 3000 visits per day and online at the same time 300-500 members what server i must order?

I wait for your answers...

p.s.
    sorry for my bad english
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by moufas
    I have in my mind to buy a license for a Vbulletin forum but i don't like to have version 4.x.x becouse there is not many styles yet.

and one more question.

If my forum have 3000 visits per day and online at the same time 300-500 members what server i must order?

p.s.
    sorry for my bad english
    1. Yes, I think you can.

2. For an active forum like yours, it would be best run on a dedicated server in my opinion.

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

and one more question.

p.s.
      sorry for my bad english

you can use the 3.8.x if you so choose, however the styles for the 3 series will not work on the 4 series.

vb.org has some new styles for the 4 series and there is a post here about new styles aswell.

here is the link to the vb.com styles http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Now-Available! NOTE THESE ARE FOR THE 4 SERIES!

i would go for a dedicated server if you already have an established forum with the sort of traffic you are talking about. if the site is still new and you are just starting out i would start off with shared hosting then switch to dedicated once you start getting lots of traffic.

ps your english is not all that bad.

Comment

• Green Cat
        • May 2008
        • 3.8.x

Yes, you can even download 2.x if you want

Comment

• hitmancode47
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

Yes, you can even download 2.x if you want
          Seriously? :O
          Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Green Cat
            • May 2008
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hitmancode47
            Seriously? :O
            Yes, you can. Go to "Download vBulletin 3.x" => More Download Options and scroll down the list, you will have a 2.3.x version available there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...