Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynnie
    • Sep 2009

difference between super admin and admin

Hiya thinking of starting my own board, but looking to find out the Key differences between Super Admin.....and an Admin with all the powers that can be given, given ?? thanks very much in advance.
  • Mr_Bob
    • Sep 2004

Super Admin isn't a usergroup per say, it's a setting in your configuration file controlled by the individuals user id. Basically, the only difference between a super admin and an admin is that the super admin can access an area of the control panel known as "Administrator Permissions" which allows the individual to enable or disable certain areas of the admincp for other admins on a per user basis. These include: Can administer styles, options, users, usergroups, languages, etc.

There are actually other high security options enabled only from the configuration file, such as query running and specifying someone as "undeletable / uneditable". Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but I hope that helps.

Comment

• Lynnie
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mr_Bob
      Super Admin isn't a usergroup per say, it's a setting in your configuration file controlled by the individuals user id. Basically, the only difference between a super admin and an admin is that the super admin can access an area of the control panel known as "Administrator Permissions" which allows the individual to enable or disable certain areas of the admincp for other admins on a per user basis. These include: Can administer styles, options, users, usergroups, languages, etc.

There are actually other high security options enabled only from the configuration file, such as query running and specifying someone as "undeletable / uneditable". Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but I hope that helps.
      thanks very much, that was what I was looking for....

would you happen to know if you could have 2 super admins, My friend and I are looking at VB and I wanted to ensure we were equal.... thanks very much

Comment

• hitmancode47
        • Jul 2008
        • 3.8.x

Yes, you can.
        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

You can have as many as Super Admins configured in the config.php file, under the variable.
          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Sador
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

Just be very sure he can be trusted and you backup your database often, nothing is as destructive as having a superadmin destroying everything and not having a backup.
            When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...