Does the 4.0 forum license have the same features as 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exeter
    • Mar 2009

Does the 4.0 forum license have the same features as 3.8?

I am thinking about upgrading my forum from 3.* to 4.*. My license recently expired and I need to purchase a new license. I only need what came with 3.*. From the documentation on the website it is not clear if the '4.0 Forum' license actually covers all features that are present in 3.*. In fact the docs read like the forum license comes without the ability to change the visual style of the forum. In other words, the 4.0 Forum license appears to be seriously limited compare to 3.*.

Can you please let me know what features of 3.8 have been removed from the 4.0 Forum license, if any?

Thanks
  • Tigurius
    • May 2005

Covers a hell of a lot more than 3.8

Comment

• Exeter
      • Mar 2009

That much is understood. Can I get a concise statement that states that nothing was removed?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

Some features in vb3 are not yet available in vb4 and an eta on their availability has not been made.

Some items that come to mind: User Customized Profiles and User Customized Groups. I am sure there are others but you'll have to search around for them.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

The License is different, this is true.

The software is too. Your question really relates to the software, the license itself has no reference to any features, so has no bearing on it.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Tigurius
            • May 2005

Oh, forgot to also add that you can still download the 3.* tree as well...

Comment

• ChopSuey
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Tigurius
              Oh, forgot to also add that you can still download the 3.* tree as well...
              Wrong you can download any version you wanted, perhaps 2.x & up ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...