Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fibaldwin
    • Nov 2001

Measuring Usage

I am attempting to launch a test of vBulletin within my company. Important to my success is the ability to measure usage both qualitatively and quantitatively. I can use the polling function to measure the qualitative stuff, but are there ways for me to easily track and report on usage? For example, how many unique users do I have, how frequently do they use, when are they logged on and for how long, average number of posts during a time frame, etc.

Thanks for the consideration of your responses.

FIB
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Re: Measuring Usage

Originally posted by fibaldwin
    I am attempting to launch a test of vBulletin within my company. Important to my success is the ability to measure usage both qualitatively and quantitatively. I can use the polling function to measure the qualitative stuff, but are there ways for me to easily track and report on usage? For example, how many unique users do I have, how frequently do they use, when are they logged on and for how long, average number of posts during a time frame, etc.

Thanks for the consideration of your responses.

FIB
    vB has basic stats such as how many posts, threads and new signups per day, week and month available in the admin panel and the member profiles themselves show how many posts each member averages per day. However unqiue users, frequency and session usage length are not available in the official code.

www.vbulletin.org has stats hacks which can be installed to do this but we don't provide support for hacks for questions regarding hacks check out www.vbulletin.org

You may find server web site traffic logs a better and more accurate indicator of unique viistors/day, session time and referrer sites etc
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• fibaldwin
      • Nov 2001

Thanks George.

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by fibaldwin
        Thanks George.
        no probs
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Working...