X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enrique007
    • Jul 2006

Upgrade from v.3.6.8 to V4.0

Hi,
    I currently own a license that I purchased back in 2007 and I'm looking to upgrade to V4.0. Given the case that I already own a license, is there any reason reason I need to pay the full price of $175 just to upgrade from V3.6.8 to V4.0? Why people that Already paid full price to own a license have to pay again full price just to upgrade?

Thanks
  • melbo
    • Apr 2005
    • 3.8.x

Because they changed the structure. You used to have to pay each year to receive updates and now you pay a one time fee for all of vB4.x series with no further payments until vB 5. Transitional bump in the road. vB4 will take 3-4 years to reach vB5 so divide it out and your still the same IMHO

Comment

• ChopSuey
      • Apr 2009

You can just pay for the lvB4 license and keep your forum at 3.7. 3.7 is currenly EOL, but support is given in the forums

Comment

• Salman Omrani
        • Feb 2010
        • 3.6.x

I have a question which is kind of related to this threads topic.

can I upgrade my 3.6.8 forum to a 4.0.x version directly? I mean we dont need to migrate to 3.7 and then 3.8 before moving to 4.0?
        and if we need to move to previous versions before we move to 4.0, do we have to purchase those versions seperately?

thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...